Miller Kopp - 2018 Small Forward (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 20, 2017.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Interesting. Wonder why Butler didn't wait until after the visit.

With Kopp apparently leaning Northwestern and Udeze visiting OSU, things aren't looking great for them. And the others aren't happening. Ugh.

2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    With the entire staff showing up it seems clear that we are all in on Kopp. I wouldn't count us out until he is committed somewhere.

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    They probably didn't wait until after the visit because Northwestern's already had an in-home with him this week and if he waited until after he visited there, it would have been easy for Miller to cancel the in-home with Butler and commit to Northwestern. By wedging a Butler in-home in between Northwestern's in-home and official visit, it at least gives Butler a chance to stay in his mind. I would be surprised if he doesn't commit to Northwestern, but given the timing of when LaVall was brought on, it was going to be a tough job for anyone to nab a good 2018 class.

The good thing is he's already planting seeds for the 2020 class as part of his in-home with Kopp, and I don't think anyone can disagree that he has done a great job of identifying talent, so I think given more time to build relationships as the Butler head coach, and hopefully with some good on the court performances this year, recruiting will be on the uptick going forward.

NCJon likes this.
  4. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    If you can't actually get anyone to occupy the spots on the team, there's always the old Ghost Man of Third way. You think Ghost Man at Power Forward would fly?

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,529
    It's refreshing to find out about a new viable option.

NCJon and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497

7. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Just curious, what exactly has been said or done by Kopp and/or Udeze to indicate which way they may be apparently leaning?

Mad_Dawg 48 and BHayden like this.
  8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,239
    Dawg4ever likes this.
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    LaVall has been recruiting Kopp since his Sophomore year, much like Aaron Henry. So in terms of recruiting longevity, Butler may not have it, but LaVall does.

10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $366

Not a 10?!?!! So your saying there's a chance?

11. seadawg

Money:
    $3,529
    Northwestern is not chopped liver and they appear on the rise but we are still under consideration and I like the chances.

12. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    At the risk of over-analyzing a very short tweet from a random twitter user that claims to have interviewed a recruit I've never met, I'd say that we are very much in this race. 17 and 18 year-old kids are not particularly privy to nuance or modesty. I would think that he clearly has some questions or reservations, otherwise his visit would have been a "10." He might very well commit to Northwestern, but I think it will be a tough decision.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...y-uconn-s-class-florida-targets-syracuse-more

"Kopp, a Rivals150 wing, visited Northwestern, Texas A&M and Butler to kick off September. Just like Udeze, a commitment could be right around the corner as any of three could land the smooth-shooting senior. He visited Northwestern this past weekend and word is that the Big Ten program may have the slight lead, though Butler is close.

When each does decide to end his college recruitment, I would be surprised if Butler does not land at least one of the two. I would put their chances with Udeze slightly better than with Kopp, though Butler sits in a good position with the Houston native."

IllDawg likes this.
  14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,529
    After continuing to review video on Kopp the more I see him as blue collar type player which I find appealing. Not a lot of flash but he certainly brings his lunch box to the floor. These type of players have excelled at BU in the past. He does have some toughness to his game.

15. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
    Would love to close out with Kopp (Udeze would be a great addition as well) and then turn our attention to the late decommits and the 2019

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
  17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,136
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $3,529
    BU is in play...

BHayden, mwall787 and cornette33 like this.
  19. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
  20. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
    Some Northwestern crystal ball predictions are showing up on 247.