Miller Kopp - 2018 Small Forward (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,037
    Wondered the same initially but we've now got reason to think that's not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Probably a case where he just hit it off with the Collins and the Northwestern staff. And in all sales, you buy from whom you like. Program is on a upswing. Still, not much of a sustained history in Evanston. And with a couple of more years of success, will Collins even be around when Kopp is senior? In any case, it's the kid's choice. Assuming it's Northwestern, it's not a slam on Jordan at all. 2018 was iffy all along. Jordan is smart and likeable and has a great winning personality. He'll be fine as a recruiter. Just needs time to cultivate the recruiting trail as BU head coach. In the interim, we'll be fine.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    Agree with you. Even if we strike out the team will be fine with what we have coming back next year. I really don't see Kopp as a game changer. Like to have him but with McD and David and our returning bigs we will be fine.

4. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    17/18 or 18/19?

If nothing changes, Butler is going to get picked near or at the bottom of the Big East by everyone who does such a thing next summer, with Wideman and Martin's graduation. It was going to be a rough year even if they had a good class, much less none.

It would be pretty hard to justify not picking them 10th, but I suppose 'fine' is a word that has varying connotations.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,135
    Ahhh...you are picking them 10th based on "nothing" changing with 6-7 weeks left before the early sign, not to mention the spring transfers? Why go there now? #NatteringNabobofNegativity

6. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    If Butler never signs another basketball recruit, we are not going to have a good team. Pretty spot on analysis if you ask me. I don't know why everybody thinks this guy is an idiot.

7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Miller's brother Anderson just tweeted out a purple emoji...I'd say this is about over, too bad, liked his game and attitude.

8. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347
    Don't see that on his Twitter, but I'm sure that it the case regardless.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609
    To be fair, he also posted the same emoji 4 days ago when talking about an AAU team.... But still, doesn't bode well for BU

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $364
  11. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
  12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Was it a sad face emoji? ;)

Not a surprise he picked Northwestern, and honestly not much else that Jordan could have done in this situation.

As to the larger roster question marks, we aren't going to know a whole lot until the season gets rolling to be able to determine whether or not the returning members of the team for 18-19 will be able to feasibly pick up the scoring or his rebounding ability that will be needs for the team when Martin departs. Similarly, Wideman's defense is going to be what Butler misses the most once he's gone and I don't think either Brunk or Fowler has the ability to cover that part of Wideman's game. Could Udeze if Butler manages to get him? Possibly, but all teams are stronger in some phases than others even if the goal is to recruit guys in subsequent classes who play like someone who's already on their roster.

Where they get picked at next year is going to depend on where they finish and how they play this year. Baldwin will still be here, and it's the first full year of college basketball for about half the roster. Lot of variables are unaccounted for.

13. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $176
    Alright we need to replace Wideman and Martin. Not end of world without Kopp but we only have a few more windows of opportunities to do so, as it appears we won't find Martin's replacement with the traditional incoming freshmen. Grad transfer market or Collins goes 27-6 this year at Northwestern and leaves at end of year. Actually if we have a good year this year and a committed kid sees the coach he committed to leave via firing or leave for another program.

This was strike one we still have 2 more strikes to use. It it hurts.

PS Graves from S. Alabama just got a Top 200 SF. Glad for him but it still stings with Butler at 0 commitments

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    Another one to the archives... :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Shimmy, NCJon, BHayden and 1 other person like this.
  15. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    The archives are getting pretty full, lets concentrate on the season and wait for the Spring. Boltmann's departure is casting a long shadow.

16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $364
    If I was a betting man, We will be getting Udeze. That should help replace Wideman & Martin. Then we keep our eyes open for anyone who blows up their senior year or waited to long to commit. Opportunities to snag a BE caliber recruit will come up this winter. Then the transfer market will hit as well... no need to worry just yet.

Also someone mentioned redshirting a freshman this year to help even out the scholarships and that is a great idea if it works out.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,644
    Kopp was never going to be a replacement for Martin or Wideman. Brunk or Fowler better be able to replace Wideman or they will be disappointments. Granted Wideman is solid defensively but he only gets 8 points and 6 rebounds a game. Surely Fowler or Brunk can get 8 and 6.

Martin is the one that can't be replaced with any of the returning players in 2018 or anyone Butler was recruiting for 2018. I actually prefer we look to the transfer market until we stabilize the HC position.

18. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    It's interesting how Kopp's commitment photo lists him as a SG? Maybe he just asked the designer to put that, but based on the highlights I've watched of him, he isn't quick footed enough to play SG at the Big East or Big 10 level. I viewed him solidly as a wing, SF, but if anything, closer to a PF than a SG.
    No way Butler was recruiting him as a 2, and he would never have seen a minute at shooting guard here based on who we have already.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,644
    Agree with you Nate. He obviously can shoot but I'm not sure where he fits on the court in either the BIG or BE. He isn't quick nor that athletic. From videos he has a long way to go defensively. Size wise he's not a PF. Probably a SF. Question - Is he a better shooter than Neese? Better scorer than David? As athletic as McD? Better rebounder than Martin?

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,135
    My point was that it's highly unlikely that "nothing" happens in regards to next year's roster and predicting a 10th place finish this far out is just an excuse to be negative. Didn't say he was an idiot, I said he was negative. #Doom&Gloom