Miller out-medical

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Oct 2, 2014.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,174
    Say buuutttt? What the hell is going on here?

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS · 1m1 minute ago
    Butler has announced that head coach Brandon Miller is taking a medical leave of absence. Tough news for a program coming off a tough year.

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,258
    I will say that he was supposed to speak at an event at the Conrad last week, and Holtmanm filled in last minute because Miller was sick.

Not sure what the details are, but hopefully he gets well soon and it's nothing too serious.

3. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,174
    Anytime anyone is taking a medial leave of absence, it isn't good. It's either something really bad that requires 100% attention physically, or it's an emotional/mental struggle someone is going through. Yo...boys on the ground down there, get us some juice.

You want to say "hopefully it isn't serious" but if this step is taken, it's serious. What in the holy hell...

4. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  5. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $866
    From WTHR

Butler Vice President and Director of Athletics Barry Collier announced Thursday that men's basketball head coach Brandon Miller will be taking a break from his duties with the Bulldogs.

"Brandon Miller has requested a leave of absence for medical reasons, which the University has granted," stated Collier. "We are not in a position to further elaborate and we ask that everyone respect Brandon's privacy."

Chris Holtmann has been appointed interim head coac

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,335
    Program is snake bitten.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,174
    The Chris Holtmann show. I don't know a ton about his coaching days and have no idea what to expect.

You do wonder, on the eve of practice and the season getting into gear, how serious this must be. Yuck.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,258
    ....wonder if LaVall...ugh, I don't know what to wonder.

9. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Miller's not gone...Just absent.

10. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,629
    out for a week? month? season?

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    No timeline - just need to be patient with this. More will come out eventually in terms of how long it might be. Don't know anything, but if Collier's asking to respect his privacy, this certainly isn't just an every day type of thing.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Sweet Jesus. Prayers up for BMill.

13. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,040
    I blame Brad Stevens.

14. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $157
    Thoughts to him and his family; needless and pointless to waste time speculating, although you can probably bet that whatever it is is more than likely compounded by the exhaustion and stress of hitting the recruiting trail and getting ready to gear up for the start of things.

It really sucks, but what Brandon has to do is rest and not concern himself with matters related to the team, which is nearly impossible at this time of year.

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $1,040
    I'm convinced Barry Collier sold his soul for the Final Four runs. And from my vantage point on the north side of Indy, it appears the sky is indeed falling.

16. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,214
    Man, you couldn't script a more spiraling descent than this.

Obviously, first and foremost, concern for coach and prayers that he's able to overcome whatever it is.

Next, it does feel as though this program is cursed. Now, if only this were a Hollywood movie and they overcome adversity to win it all in the third act. Now that would be impressive.

From a recruiting standpoint, I'm not sure which was worse, Stevens' departure or Miller's leave. They both sort of hurt recruiting in their own ways.

For now though, let's get coach healthy and soldier on.

17. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    As others have said prayers to BMill I hope this isn't too serious. We're very fortunate though to have a former head coach in Holtmann who can fill in for the short term.

18. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,258
    Adam @G2_Blog
    Follow
    Butler should go ahead and make a change at the head coaching position, I'll just leave it at that.
    2:14 PM - 2 Oct 2014

19. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,258
    Ari Kasle
    ‏@AKasle_BU
    This story might go from bad to worse really quick

20. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $1,040
    The rumors I'm hearing (nothing confirmed) this is not good.