Miller out-medical

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    Expect a fair amount of vitriol.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    I don't agree on the lousy hand, but more so the ridicule is justified. When you find out what is going on, your mind will change. Yes, he was a great player for Butler. But, he failed as a coach and then left this program without a coach. We are much better off without him as the head coach, for that I thank God. But, it will be hard to ever forgive him for how he handled the program last year and what he did after.

As far as the lousy hand...people say that but it's just not true. Yes, Jones getting hurt sucked balls but that was well after Miller was unfortunately named coach. He was given three top 150 recruits, Dunham, Jones, Marshall, Barlow and Woods. That's not the worst hand in the world. The Jones thing was unfortunate for sure, but Miller could have done better. Were they competitive? Sure. But competitive is another way to say they lost. They should have won those games early on. They had no leadership. Look at anything that's been published and the players hint at that all the time. Stevens leaving was awful...but he had to do it and this program needed a leader. They didn't get one. Now...they have one. God willing Holtmann will be named head coach soon and we can move forward from the Miller debacle.

3. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Is it really necessary to repeat your opinion multiple times a week? We all know VERY well that you can't stand Miller. What is the point of reminding us constantly? I'm sure that everyone - whether they liked Miller or not - is tired of it.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    New poster, glad to have him, made a post with an opinion with which I disagree, so I countered it. Is that so wrong?

Sorry dude, didn't mean to rile you up. You like Chargers or Patriots later? I have it at Pats -3.5...waffling on who to take.

5. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $719
    Met a guy at the Butler game last night who made a great point. He said "the reason for Miller leaving is the best kept secret in Indy." I couldn't agree more.

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    And that is fine

7. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    I'm sure he knew your opinion already. Who exactly do you think he was referring to when he said their were some "cruel and insensitive comments" in the thread? That's all.

8. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Universe works in strange ways. Without Miller we would not have had Holtman (who is doing one hell of a job) so not sure how much longer we need to keep beating this dead horse. All seems to be right with the world until Holtman keeps starters in 3 minutes too long and the long knives come out.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Or doesn't call a time out at the absolute correct time.

10. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,566
    Or doesn't land a recruiting class full of 4 star's.

Or follows up an above average non-conference schedule with some tough losses in conference...

11. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Yep, only a matter of time before people start complaining about Holtmann. It seems to be a universal phenomenon that a team's fans are "smarter" than the coach.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    I think that is called Monday morning quarterbacking or arm chair quarterbacking. If Collier knew how smart we are the HC situation would have been solved a long time ago.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    Come on dude...I love your posts. Hell I think you are one of the most knowledgeable posters around here and you know your spreads (which is very dear to my heart). I'm sorry that we differ on this but it's just the way it is.

14. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    At the risk of being hypocritical, is it really necessary to complain about what someone posts on a message board instead of selectively reading? Personally, I would much rather read someone's comments about the coach or the team (positive or negative or repetitive) over reading someone's post complaining about another person's posts. Furthermore, Miller is still the head coach, and until that is resolved, this will still be an issue. By the way... I fall into that "Everyone" crowd you say is "tired of it". Maybe your wife at home has you order for her at restaurants, but I don't need you to speak for me.

15. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    I have posted my opinion a grand total of 2 times. Willis has posted his opinion at least 50 times. I would have the same complaint if someone posted their same positive comment mutiple times a week. If you truly enjoy reading the same thing over and over again (which I doubt), you can do that by re-reading the old comments. As to the use of "everyone", its obviously hyperbole. I am shocked I would have to explain that to anyone.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  16. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    Hyperbole or arrogance!? Hard to tell from your prior posts... you honestly seem to think your opinion matters more than others (fact: it doesn't). I don't care how many times someone posts something (including the 2 times you have posted your opinion, post more if you like) so long as they aren't just trying to scroll the page. Message boards are for discussion and I don't see anywhere that limits the amount of times you can make your point. Get over yourself.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    I'll never say anything about the head coach of Butler Basketball again. I am sorry it ruffled feathers, and that it is hands off for discussion. The head coach of my school's basketball team is not important, has no impact, nor should be discussed. Now I know.

18. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,566
    For those that have been opportunistic on the situation to rip Miller, I wonder how they will feel if the rumors do not turn out to be true?

I think a lot of the attitudes about Miller have to do with rumors and conclusions that are unfounded.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Rumors are nothing more than gossip. I don't have a problem with gossip but I have a serious problem denigrating people who are dealing with serious issues.

20. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Obviously you have a problem with gossip because you state it after the but. Either you do or don't.

Playing devil's advocate, how do you know the serious issues are not his doing? How do you feel about how Jameis Winston has been treated in his serious rape issue, after he has already been exonarated? The media is still pursuing it. Brandon Miller is lucky he isn't the coach of a UK or Duke, it would be WAY worse. If a butlerhoops.com messageboard is the only thing he has to worry about, he has it good. This subject is getting so old on what people should our shouldn't say. Everyone has their opinion about it and if you don't want to state yours, don't, but also let the others do as they please.