Miller out-medical

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Oct 2, 2014.

1. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917

That is great that you feel that way. So why do you continue to read and post on this thread? YOU are contributing to the rumors by keeping the thread active.

2. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    "Hard to tell" but then you make it pretty clear you think it arrogance. A statement you have absolutely no basis for. I guess I was just lying when I said it was hyperbole. And I guess I am also lying when I said the reason of my annoyance was the volume of repeated opinion, not the opinion itself.

This whole argument is utterly pathetic, but feel free to reply again to say I'm an arrogant liar because I dared state what I meant in response to a childish attack. The irony of you responding in offense by my use of "everyone ..." by telling me what I was thinking is quite delicious.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  3. darnellarchey4three

darnellarchey4three Member

Money:
    $43
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

What will help our recruiting? That is one of my main concerns. Families want opportunity (whether a basketball future or education) first and then consistency and leadership. How can we best assure kids that we can offer the latter? If anyone has noticed... There are four Big East teams that potentially have top 25 recruiting classes for next year. I guarantee other coaches are visiting players and talking about our unknowns (Cumberland and Purdue / Brunk and ..... / etc.). Wojo landed the #4 player in the country. We need a splash too! It will be hard enough to do that without all the uncertainties.

Again, I hope BM is OK but we need more than a Team dealing with a leave.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,174
    I promised I would never talk about it again but I'm breaking my promise. Winning on the court (which we have been doing) is going to weigh favorably in terms of recruiting, but as you mentioned, we need to show stability and leadership at the top. I would guess that many see the situation for what it is, and that they are confident and comfortable that Holtmann will be the guy. But, until that is a made official of course, it's going to hurt us.

Saying that, with a good season this year and eventual stability, I think Holtmann can grab us a JUCO/transfer or two come Spring.

5. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $736
    I laugh when people refer to him as BM

:)

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,335
    I'm confident Holtmann will be the head coach and we will know that in 30 days or so. Enjoy the holidays and the team.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,174
    And I think at this point we need to concentrate on performance and the attractiveness of what we have...looking to the Spring as the opportunity to get a couple more players on this roster...instead of obessing about high school players. The play on the floor will help and our way back to 12-13 scholarship players will come from kids seeing what we're doing.

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,214
    I don't think anyone is worried about the team this year or next in regards to the on-the-court product. They will be good. It's beyond these two years that the uncertainty at the HC position could hinder our recruiting. Thankfully, our winning this season will only help us shore up some of that. After next season, we are going to be a really young team. I hope we get a splash in 2016 because we'll need to count on that splash to play big minutes, especially at PG.

There's a difference. BM as coach and the medical leave. These are two separate issues.

As coach, we've exhausted the board that he was in over his head last season in many respects. So far, Holtmann seems to far more prepared for in-game situations than BM. We will never know how he would have responded, learned, gotten better at that aspect because of the medical leave, so I guess they are different, but connected.

As for his leave, I reserve judgment until it comes out. Whatever the case may be, he needs to think about himself and his family and coaching is just another job, albeit one with stress and idiots like myself criticizing his every move. But, it's not like that was an unknown when he chose to take the position.

I wish BM the best, I cheer for the Butler Bulldogs. I don't care if Bennett comes in and hits the winning shot, a win is a win.

9. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $596
    Can we just close this thread and reopen it when the situation is resolved?

10. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $638
    Yeah, maybe we can put to bed the idea that Brad Stevens left the cupboard bare when he took the Celtics job. All five starters on this year's team are Stevens recruits. Four of those kids have played for three different head coaches and three started their Butler career in the Horizon League. They're doing okay.

11. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $123
    True , they were Stevens' recruit, but four that left after a year were his too.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,335
    Along with Hopkins, Smeathers and CHD. So five out of 12 or 42%. Did not include Jackson Aldridge. Make that six out of 13.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  13. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $341
    Those are my grandmother's initials. She's always said she hates initialing things.

14. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $638
    Right, all that and they're still ranked 15th in the country, right now. All I can say is that you guys are really hard to please.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,174
    I'm still of the mindset that Stevens would have turned Brown and Berry into solid players and Lord knows what he could have done with C. So, those dudes would be here and doing well under difference circumstances. IMO. But, things changed and they obviously didn't perform (Brown showed moments). I'm really hoping we can add one guard and one forward in the Spring.

16. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $638
    Entirely possible. Brown espcially had all kinds of potential.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,335
    Will be interesting to see how well those four do at their new schools along with CHD, Hopkins and Smeathers.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,005
    Had Stevens stayed long enough to coach in the Big East, do people think we would consider him was a bad recruiter? I'm guessing he would have pulled some pretty good players once he didn't have the Horizon League holding him back.

Back-to-back finals or not, not many top-notch recruits were going to fall over themselves to take on UIC, Wright State, et al. on a nightly basis.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,174
    I think so. I don't think he couldnt have been with all he had going for him. He would have never be mistaken for Calimari, but he would have pulled some good players.

20. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $638
    I saw Chris Harrison-Docks on TV the other day, when WKU played Murray State. He's a very good point guard for that team.