Morris Udeze - 2018 Power Forward (Wichita State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491
    Here I was thinking Chrabascz played forward all those years. Guess you figured out all on your own that because when he went one on one on his dribble to the basket and turned his back during so many of those times that he was a post player. I'd bet pretty close to 100% of his moves on offense started somewhere on the perimeter (certainly outside of the paint) and facing the bucket. Or maybe you define him as a post because of some of Holtmann's wacky substitutions or because of foul trouble and Chrabascz was the tallest Butler player on the court at times and by default guarded the opponent's five. Still, not exactly my definition of a post player. Wideman a Senior, Fowler improving and showing some real progress last year and Brunk added to the mix, I thought there might be some decent and potentially consistent production out of the post position this season, even if by committee. Hence the comment in my post. But what do I know since I'm one those ill-informed BUTLER FANS.

2. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $263
    Its almost like the past and the future are different, unrelated things.

This is a RECRUITING thread, which inherently means we are talking about the future. Butler will have the worst class in the Big East after having the 7th of 10 last year. And there is absolutely no reason to see this change anytime in the future. (And they had a two man class of McD and Fowler too)

Programs ebb and flow. Butler had a longer ebb than reasonably warranted, and thank god, that was fun.

The roster is a disaster after this year, if nothing changes. Hopefully we luck into another Rotnei Clarke. It is luck we are left with

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,075
    Cause those preseason rankings have been so spot on:rolleyes:

13-14: Picked 9, finished 9
    14-15: Picked 7, finished T2-- 1 NCAA win
    15-16: Picked 3, finished 5--1 NCAA win
    16-17: Picked 6, finished 2--S16

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  4. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,612
    A squad filled with Horizon League-A10 recruits finished 2nd in the BE in 2015. Your schtick is so ****ing tired and has been for years.

5. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $257
    ....and it is virtually never right!

6. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,121
    Hey Title stick to cheerleading.

7. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $263
    Im sure DePaul fans didn't enjoy becoming DePaul either. Someone has to be them. Those someones just tend to be the ones that don't spend at the top of their leagues, much less be so laughably in last place, that its almost a joke.

Why is this even an argument? It just is how it is. Butler isn't doing what they need to be successful in the Big East in the future. Hopefully that changes. I certainly hope so

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...e-championships-dont-come-cheap/#777058b83866

8. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $311
    Wrong again. DePaul doesn't have fans.

BHayden, pjohnsto2003 and NateDog like this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,998
    I don't think anyone is arguing with you that, generally, more money = more success. The argument comes in your unwillingness (inability?) to engage in nuance and go beyond sweeping generalities.

Believe it or not, grey exists.

10. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,145
    According to some, at least 50 shades of it!

Hinkle likes this.
  11. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,883
    How many times does it need to be explained Butler is in the unique situation of not making lease payments from their basketball budget. Therefore the budget will always be comparatively smaller. Stick to blogging because you stink at business and finance.

godogs91 likes this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,557
    More money does equate to success- see Louisville, Oklahoma State, Southern Cal, Auburn.

Dunhamfor3 likes this.
  13. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,145
    More like a visit from the FBI...

SpartanDawgs and DawgPoundMac like this.
  14. Dawg4ever

Dawg4ever Active Member

Money:
    $194
    Well Butler now has a great selling point to recruits, we run a clean program

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,463

16. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $35
    Am currently reading the account of the 2002-03 season in David Woods' book. For those tired of the above drivel, take a look at it. Such as blast to go through it again.

17. Choc

Choc New Member

Money:
    $0
    But was it? While the rest of us have been over here enjoying it, you spent basically the entirety of that "ebb" Chicken Little-ing BU. You dissolved into a "concerned alum" several years ago. And here you are again, predicting the end of times are nigh and we should all - I don't know - do something? (I never know what the point of the schtick is.)

The law of averages says eventually Butler will spend a few consecutive years in the bottom half of the league without an NCAA bid and need to re-architect the program. Maybe that will be in 2019, maybe in 40 years. And I'm sure when that happens you'll mercilessly pat yourself on the back here and on Twitter. Just know it's met with a massive eye roll by pretty much everyone.

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $933
    Do you think Lavall and company know of Morris's decision as of now? Would a recruit let them know the night before?

19. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $339
    Yes, I'm sure they know. But they can't talk either way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $933
    Do you think that is why insiders on the 247 site have switched predictions? Some information leaked...