Morris Udeze - 2021 Power Forward Transfer (Wichita State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 20, 2017.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,977
    Coles? He's the most college ready player of our recruiting class. I have zero doubts about Coles coming in and being a monster 4 for us for 4 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    Holtmann and Ohio State offered him back as a HS recruit too.

I think two years from now, you could be looking at a projected frontcourt of:

Coles (So.)/ Udeze (")/ Wilmoth (R-Fr.)
    Golden (Sr.)/ Udeze (Jr. after sit-out)/ Mulloy (Jr.)

Essentially puts less reliance on Mulloy to be good (who I think still can be a solid rotational big for us) and lets Wilmoth develop at a slower pace.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,049
    I think that would be a nice scenario. If we’re able to get through next season (If there is one) it Allows everyone else to come into their game at their own pace.

I also think Mulloy will likely be fine as a rotational guy. Big guys are always the hardest and it’s certainly too early to write him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Hinkle likes this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,991
    I don't want next season to be cancelled, but if we did have to lose a season to this thing, next year would probably be the right one to lose if you're a Butler fan. I'm looking for silver linings.

willisbrown, bmradio99 and mwall787 like this.
  5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,992
    Udeze was also injured for a lot of his time at WSU, so:
    1. his stats likely aren't indicative of his future contributions
    2. a RS year to really work on his conditioning (we've seen MJ do some great work) could be very beneficial

6. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

"Marshall said he made a mistake in his roster construction, a problem that originated in the 2018 offseason when WSU graduated six seniors, Landry Shamet declared early for the NBA Draft, Reaves was a surprise transfer and C.J. Keyser was ruled academically ineligible. That forced Marshall and his staff to fill nine scholarships in one offseason.

It was the most talented depth Marshall had ever assembled in a backcourt, which he thought would be a team strength. Instead, it became the biggest issue for the team. In trying to satisfy all of three of his point guards, Marshall in turn fully satisfied none, which led to Burton, Sherfield and Fernandes pursuing opportunities to be full-time point guards elsewhere.

“I don’t think coaching side of it was the problem, it was not being able to manage the personalities and having too many guys for one role,” Marshall said. “We have been successful here in the past by recruiting young people that wanted to be a part of something special, and a part of something that’s maybe bigger than themselves. And that’s what I’ve got to get back to."

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,705
    If next season is cancelled then we are in a depression. We cannot go beyond May without some transition back to normal.

PharmDDawg and cornette33 like this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,991
    I don't think it'll be cancelled. But I also think it's possible we get mostly back to "normal" by the fall in terms of work and every day businesses but still aren't doing large gatherings for recreational events (concerts, sporting events, etc.).

Also, I think we are in a depression, already. The question is how long it lasts.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  9. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $377
    There is 0% chance by May. We won't even be at the peak, for most of the country, at that point. New York won't even be at peak for another 3 or 4 weeks and then the rest of the country will just start to go through it in turn.

2xDawg likes this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,717
    Expert?

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,705
    Rapidly coming into one. Hard to have a season unless we get back to large gatherings by fall. If that is the case football will have to be postponed or cancelled. Besides the economic and financial collapse the number of suicides, family abuse, sexual and physical abuse of children, drugs and alcohol overdoses is going to sky rocket. At what point is the damage caused my shutting down society worse than the disease? That is the ultimate ethical question that no one can answer.

12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,288
    Can you guys put all this talk back in the Coronavirus thread? I come hear to read about basketball, not virus stuff.

bumba, PharmDDawg, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,049
    If we don’t shut down, enough people get sick and stress our systems and potentially die that we end up in a state of economic devastation anyways.

So you can either have economic trouble with more dead, or you can economic trouble with fewer dead.

You can revive an economy but you can’t revive millions of people. If you want a chance of returning to normal you have to stop the spread.

PSUButlerFan and Tentozen like this.
  14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,288
    Take your **** to another thread. Pretty sure this one is about Udeze.

15. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $394
    Well said SnoopDawg.

2xDawg likes this.
  16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,049
    Yes, having two topics overlap is a big big deal that we should all get very upset about.

Maybe we should even yell!

Tentozen and bwesson15 like this.
  17. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $394
    I am usually very easygoing but please let’s stay to keeping COVID in the covid thread. I come on here for a distraction from COVID so i would greatly appreciate that one topic staying in its own thread. I will read that thread once a day as I want to express sympathy and get well wishes to anyone that has been on the Butler Hoops site for awhile that catches COVID but I am attempting to limit my contact with COVID to about 1 hour a day.

Thanks for listening to my semi-rant.

tlp63, 2xDawg, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,049
    That’s understandable. My apologies for my role in the diversion.

Tentozen and Ster8462 like this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,290

A lot of us have watched the 2010 team this week. Small ball BU bigs knew how to slide their feet, stay in position & take a charge when Howard was in foul trouble. If a kid Mo's size can play defense, then I'm in for signing. Agree with others MJ can help develop his physique into a BE 4 within a year.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,290
    I can't remember if it was last season or the previous but I know he was in the concussion protocol and probably missed games.