Myles Fox Morrissey - 2014 Guard (Xavier)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Almost word for word the response I was expecting.

2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,341
    If I got arrested every time I showed my shaft at a bar in college I'd still be in jail. Come on, give little JP a break. He looks so sorry in his mug shot.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    It's amazing how many people on the X board are defending this. Not that it's fully surprising. Yes, we've all done stupid stuff when we were drunken college kids. The difference is, we were random people and not the face of a program/school.

[​IMG]

4. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    This is a typical response form the xavierhoops board:

"If that's what happened, I can live with that. Being stupid isn't good, but it's a ton better than being an asshole, or a woman beater, or a thief, or something along those lines."

I have been in hundreds of bars and have never seen anyone flash the room with their junk. How does that not qualify as an asshole ?

5. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Request to have this thread's name changed to:

Myles Fox Morrissey - 2014 Guard (Xavier)

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097

He may just be immature. Then again he could feel priveledged. Whatever, you know he will get his fair share of harassment at away games and probably love it and yuck it up with his buddies afterwards. I said it a few weeks ago that Mack needs to corrall this kid. His behavior both on and off the court may be his undoing. Much that is given much is expected.

7. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,232
    JPM.JPG

8. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    Myles Morrissey....Clap Clap ..Clap Clap Clap.....Myles Morrissey....

9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    What I think is hilarious is that he actually gave the fake ID to the cops. College kids use fake IDs all the time,and while he certainly has a higher responsibility, it's not that big a deal. But that's getting into a bar. Why would you actually try and give it to the cops!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,302
    Agree, it's more funny than embarrassing. If anyone was getting arrested on that team, JP was probably near the top of the list. Way to go kid.

11. btlrblldg

btlrblldg Active Member

Money:
    $506
    Looks like Tu Holloway needs to come back and give JP a lesson on how to zip em up...his pants that is.

12. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    The fake was actually someome who was there with him, and the ID was an age younger tham his actual age! What a dumb ass. Would love to know what he blew.

13. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $555
    No it was an age older. The report is misleading as it says"earlier date" which referred to his bday.

He mooned someone per the police report. Which is just plain weird.

We never claimed to be classy like y'all.

14. teamwork12

teamwork12 Member

Money:
    $12
    Myles Fox/JP Macura

JP Macura got arrested for shakin his weenie in a bar and using a fake ID of a guy named Myles Fox Morrissey.He has now met all of Xavier's standards.

15. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,037
    Perfect guy to hang out with

16. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,405
    Is there a video of him (and his "weenie") at the bar? Absolutely disgusting scumbag got what he deserved.

17. teamwork12

teamwork12 Member

Money:
    $12

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  18. Dawglover

Dawglover New Member

Money:
    $9
    I understand the rivalry with X as well as the history of problems that program has had with some of its players over the years. Still . . . and I know it's a lot to ask . . . I wonder if it might be possible for us on this board to respond to the Macura matter in a totally unexpected way. I wonder if we could extend a little grace and show a little class by not piling on the player or the program at a difficult time. We all have made mistakes and have used bad judgment at times. We may think that he "brought it on himself" or "had it coming," but none of us is perfect. It could be a Butler player next time. It might feel good to make a snide comment about the situation, but it does no credit to us as individuals or to Butler as a program. These are real people we're talking about, and in most cases really good people. (We tried to recruit many of them!) I root for a 50-point win every time we play X (or, given our record against them lately, a win of any kind would be nice), but I wish the best for Macura personally and for the other Xavier players, especially in this unfortunate situation.

I'll crawl off my soapbox now.

19. teamwork12

teamwork12 Member

Money:
    $12
    Well dawg lover I am not perfect. I got kicked off the X board for calling Macura a poor sport on his dunk. I then see on twitter they compare this to Brandon Miller for his problems. So me not being perfect I posted this about Macura. I apologize for my shortcomings so please forgive me oh great one

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    I love how all the Xavier backers are writing this off as no big deal. The guy is supposed to be an ambassador of the university. He is paid (albeit room and board) $40K per year to do so. If I am an undergrad paying my way through school, what sort of message does it send to that it's okay to act like an ass (every pun intended) with virtually no consequence?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app