Myles Fox Morrissey - 2014 Guard (Xavier)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 5, 2012.

1. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $555
    Be sure to also congratulate Coach Mack on his 3rd Coach of the year award or for finishing 2nd in the AP coach of the year voting when you email him as a fan of the Big East.

I'd focus more on how Holtman will fill out and develop your roster and less about how Mack is running his team. You're not going to hate Xavier any less no matter what happens. But the former should have a larger effect on you...or at least I'd hope.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Boeheim is considered one of the all time great coaches too.

3. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,479
    Thank you for posting. I will congratulate him. In fact, I have no ill will toward X or Chris Mack at all.

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,235
    Wait, there's more than one Danville?. Should we end up in San Jose again for the tournament I will take you up on your offer. One of my favorite venues from the back to back runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    2 things:

1. Kid obviously lacks common sense given the retarded name (it isn't even ironic in a comedic sense) AND he gives that to the cops!?
    2. Given the fact of who he is and the visibility factor; what he did should be sending off alarms to the coaching staff ala Johnny Football. Not saying he is at that level of jacka@@@@@ yet but better to take it seriously and nip it in the bud.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
  7. ButlerBoy

ButlerBoy Member

Money:
    $6
    Quality choice to change the name! The fox got caught by the hounds.

8. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,068
    I too wish him well in life. However, he needs to feel the humiliation for this if he is going to be making better choices in life. If bonehead behavior is reinforced, bonehead behavior will continue.

9. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    C'mon. Who didn't streak naked across sorority row back in the day? And who didn't have fake I.D.'s (purchased from fraternity brothers)? Just was never stupid enough to get drunk and drop pants in a bar. Or give a fake I.D. to a cop. Don't care if it was Macura or anyone else. College kids will drink and get naked. But what he did was just fricking stupid. If you're that dumb, maybe you deserve what you get. At X, that may be nothing. (Oh, and I wasn't on scholarship either.)

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,118
    A) Mack is a good coach. But his success of late is undoubtedly largely based on his and his staff having hit some real home runs on the recruiting front (at least in terms of how well they play basketball..). Xavier appeals to a large number of a certain type of HS player. The players at X are more whiney and undisciplined and dirty than at many other programs and the staff does not seem to mind. I think those last two sentences are related. Let's pump the brakes on pushing Mack as a basketball savant.

B) I most certainly am not going to hate Xavier no matter what. There are several programs in the BE and the Midwest that I really like (or at least do not dislike).. And not because I have any connection to them, but because of the way the programs are run. If Xavier was different, my feelings about them would be different. Same goes for many on the board I'm sure.

C) I'm certainly more focused on how Holtmann is managing BU than I am how Mack manages X. We almost all are. And hey, we're not the one that post daily on our rival's board. Doesn't mean we won't point out stuff we dislike about the most unlikeable program in college hoops.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  11. xfan1989

Money:
    $555
    . Macks Has always been a great recruiter that's a good chunk of coaching and his ability to construct this roster and get them to play together is a large reason why he's coach of the year in many eyes.

There are some that will never like X. I fully believe you're in that camp. But that's cool. We are rivals. I don't expect you to like us. Heck I like butler but I'll never like UC.

12. WKT1955

WKT1955 Member

Money:
    $56

This incident is less unexpected of college basketball players. After all, college kids do get into stuff like that. It is certainly less objectionable than the vandalism, brawling and thuggery of previous Xavier teams. To me it is less objectionable than Xavier's lack of academic standards (weren't there two academic partial qualifiers on this year's starting team? Those players can't even get admitted to Butler or probably to most BE teams). But the Macura incident adds to the reasons why fans of other teams find it hard to admire what X does. Low class and low standards are hard to admire.

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,613
    I personally don't find it that big of a deal. It's embarrassing for the kid and the program, and as a rival it's enjoyable to poke fun at, but I don't think for a second that this couldn't happen at Butler. It's much less likely given who they recruit, but it's not like all Butler players are saints and never do any stupid stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,424
    This. I love making fun of Xavier as much as the next guy, but this could happen to just about any college student who gets too drunk at times.

I know this could have happened to me. And if not you, then you probably didn't have enough fun in college.

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,538
    I had MADD FUNN at Butler--all WITHOUT getting drunk or high. I was cool if those around me did so. That was their choice. I chose differently.

And I did more than a handful of things that--had I been caught--would've gotten me into a bit of trouble. (E.g., breaking into the Theta house via their 2nd floor balcony/patio by leaping & grasping the gutter above the house's sliding glass doors.) I was also on scholarships, amounting to a full ride. So I'm not feeling the blanket statements you've made in this regard. I'm fine that your good times required alcohol. But alcohol as a "good time requisite" is BS. My good times tended to require women. Different strokes, as they say.

As far as "Miles" is concerned, I agree with you that he may be a nice guy off the court. I don't know him or his family, so I don't cast aspersions. Perhaps (as others have written) this experience will inspire him to become a better young man. I'm sure that shortly after whatever his sentence is, Miles' record will be expunged. I'll continue to wish him bad luck on the basketball court. And he will deserve whatever hell he gets from Butler & other Big East fans while on the basketball court. Good luck to him in the other court in which he will soon find himself.

16. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    So since there is a real Fox Morrisey on the X golf team was this a fake id or stolen identification?

17. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    My guess is Macura borrowed Morrissey's ID. If so, JP may not be the only X athlete in hot water. But I doubt that either one will receive any significant punishment over it.

If JP did borrow Morrissey's ID, one would think any friendship between them is a bit strained now.

Xavier Men's Golf - Fox Morrissey

18. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,424
    Lol you'll learn sarcasm one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,538
    Sarcasm or not--I didn't care. Just giving the young man the benefit of the doubt. I don't know him--or you. So you'll see that the same benefit is being extended in your direction.

As for skills--writing or illustrating, I'll let my 20+ years as a pro in both, storyboarding & concept design work throughout the entertainment industry, citations & awards (dating back to my days at BU) speak on this behalf. So I said/wrote what I meant--sarcasm or no sarcasm. I hope that when Coach Stevens recruited "MFM" he was a decent guy. I hope that he's still such a guy--despite undeniably d*ck-ish actions on court. He wouldn't be the first or the last person to have split personas in public & in private.

20. xfan1989

Money:
    $555
    There are no partial qualifiers anymore- not in the a10 or big east. Myles and Jalen were both ruled ineligible but they both loved Xavier and wanted to be there so they took out loans to go to X- they for no aid or academic help their freshman year. They could've easily gone to juco or community college and reopened their recruitment. Those two bleed Xavier blue more than anyone. Myles will go down as one of my all time favorites.

Fans of other teams? It's really only butler that looks down on X in the big east- look around the other message boards and you'll see this to be true. Most have been incredibly happy with X and how we've represented the big east the last few years.

Look butler is a good school. So is Xavier. Let's not act like Xavier is a community college and butler is an Ivy League. We recruit the same base of students in terms of Midwestern small private schools. It's crazy that I got admitted to both butler and Xavier and chose to go to Xavier right?