Myles Tate - 2020 Point Guard (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by UDDawg, Jun 26, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

willisbrown likes this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  4. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339

I'm hopeful to put an article out on his list tomorrow...but my schedule is now up to three posts fo tomorrow (all lengthy, so we'll see haha)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Interesting that VT didn’t make his list. They have his only CB on 247.

Butlerfan96 and willisbrown like this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    This is outstanding. It's no secret I love his game...and yes SC is in his back yard but other than that, we should hammer that list. LaVall needs to make a big push on him...he'd do very well here.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Funny, but Pitt worries me more than any other program in his final group.

bmradio99 likes this.
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    Tate coming this weekend for an official. Yeah mutha sucka!!

Shimmy, bumba, Mad_Dawg 48 and 5 others like this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Not sure I love being the first official visit, of course unless we can get him to commit on the spot.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    He ain't coming all the way from SC for no reason. He's got plenty of suitors closer than Butler. He's making us a priority and he's not just wasting his time for a fun trip. This is a good thing. We should be happy about it.

bicknob and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $817
    Funny. Harris' and Tate's 247 and Rivals rankings are the inverse of the other's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    I think both of our statements can be accurate. Isn't it pretty widely thought that it's better to be the last official visit than the first? That's all I was trying to say.

Of course it's a good thing that we're getting an official.

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,339
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    If LaVall and company take care of business this weekend, we will be his last. :) I really like our position here. I felt the same about Brown other than he hadn't cut his list and I knew GA was coming and maybe more ACC looks...with Tate we've already made his final cut. So it's a little more than slow dancing at this point IMO.

But at the same time someone could counter me with "he just wants his far away visit done before school starts and he can get to the others on the weekends whenever he wants"

This one feels different though. Feels solid.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $376
    So say he does commit. Can Tate and Harris play at the same time? It seems like their game is too similar. AT will get most of the mins their freshman year and then one of Tate or Harris will get majority of the other... Battle will take the 2 with someone? But once AT leaves, Harris and Tate will pretty much have the 1 on lock for a couple of years...

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    Harris and Tate are different, much different. Their size and position is going to make people think otherwise...but they would be fine as a back court tandem as Harris creates and distributes...manages the game. Tate can do that, but Tate sniffs out the bucket. He scores...a lot. And shoots...a lot. He also has a hell of a motor so he spells Harris at the point a little and plays off the ball some too, allowing Harris to set he and Battle up for buckets. Tate is a walking bucket.

It would be a smaller back court, but one that works as they have different effects on the game.

Shimmy, bumba and SpartanDawgs like this.
  18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,339
    Completely agree. This is a really exciting visit. Tate is ranked just outside of the top-100 but he's still got room to move up the rankings. He's a three-level scorer that can fill it up. I'm hopeful that the coaching staff can snag a commit at some point because he would be a big-time addition. We should be really excited about this visit as the program's recruiting seems to be picking up some momentum again over the last 24+ hours.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    If we can't beat that list, something is wrong.

20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $917
    To be fair, you've got a hometown SEC team in South Carolina, plus I would imagine there is appeal playing for Capel (at Pitt) or Kermit Davis (at Ole Miss). Capel is a Coach K disciple who is already starting to recruit pretty well and Kermit Davis did a good job with that Ole Miss team a lot of people probably had at or very near the bottom of the SEC last year. The list definitely seems beatable, but I can see the appeal for a kid like Tate at USC, Pitt, or Ole Miss.