Myles Tate - 2020 Point Guard (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by UDDawg, Jun 26, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    Well if he doesn't pick us, hopefully he picks Kermit. OM will have guard slots wide open next season. I suppose I have a 2 out of 7 chance I'll be happy with his decision, not bad.

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $755
    Blah blah blah. Go Dawgs.

If LaVall takes Tate, that’ll probably end the recruitment of Vescovi. Man, that dude would be an all-timer here. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all aboard The Tate Train, but I would rather have Vescovi on the team.

estar20dawg likes this.
  3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $467
    You may end up being correct about Vescovi being a tremendous college player, but I feel like he's more of a distributor (as he's gotten Rubio comparisons). I think he would have a harder time playing along Harris. Tate is more of a scorer. Harris and Vescovi are game managers. Just my take.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,562
    Adding a second point guard would satisfy this positional need for awhile. This season or next, BU should consider it imperative. Entering this season the BU is pretty thin at point guard. First come first serve at this point.

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,124
    You are right about Vescovi being comped to Rubio, but I assure you he's light years ahead of Rubio as a scorer and shooter already. They definitely could play together. And yes I love Tate, I love Vescovi way, way more. That dude is a flat out game changer.

jkcdawgs and seadawg like this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Tate has better hair, he wins.

7. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,182
    Not to stir the pot, but is Vescovi compared to Rubio because they both speak Spanish? I mean, Rubio cannot shoot.

8. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $940
    I actually see a bit of Mike Conley in Vescovi. A smaller-ish guard who can facilitate but also has some offensive polish to his game. I think Vescovi is a bit better of a shooter than Conley was at OSU, but with a bit of squinting, I can see the comparison.

9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,182
    Yeah -- I mean if you wanted a good comp to Rubio on the current roster, it's AT. I could see very-early-career Conley for Vescovi (it helps that they are left handed), but it really is hard to articulate how bad of a shooter Rubio is.

10. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $284
    I dont see any more proof that Butler is actually recruiting Vescovi than someone like Tyler Beard. And I think most people just assume that Butler stopped recruiting him.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    This Vescovi dude has a thread, ya know?

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,562
    Vescovi would be considered a combo guard. At 6'2" with long arms and being left handed would be an advantage. Whether he is realistically a possibility remains a mystery.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    I agree with some of what you're saying, but I don't see South Carolina as a level above us. His teammate (the #1 ranked kid in the state, Tate is #2) just cut SC from his list. I also think he would get more playing time at BU considering we're losing McD, Kamar, Henry and potentially Tucker in the same year. That's a LOT of minutes up for grabs if he (or Harris) can score off the ball as a combo guard.

Clemson, not South Carolina in final 5 schools for PJ Hall | The State
    https://www.thestate.com/sports/article232875427.html

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    A chance to make an immediate, high major impact...we definitely offer that. If Tucker is gone Battle slides to the wing and that two spot is open for business in 2020.

bumba and Ignatius J. Reilly like this.
  15. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $265
    With Tates final 6 it will come down to 1 thing. Bling!
    I'm encouraged by the 2 non Power-5 outliers. Reaching here, but if he is looking for a place where basketball is king and homey campus, als CC, APP St & Butler, we are gold! If he likes the big life of the Power-5 he'll pick one of the 3 Football Schools. Tate will know within he first :30 hour being on campus.
    I'm probably wrong, but this smells of either a quick commit (within the week) or he is lost to a power conf.

16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    App State is a football school with a brand new basketball coach. The only way they make sense to me on this list is that Coach Kerns must have made a really positive impression on Tate when Kerns was still at Presbyterian, which I believe was one of the first schools to offer him.

17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $755
    The campus is stunningly gorgeous. Best that I've seen.

NCJon likes this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Underrated beautiful part of the country. Especially western nc south of I-40. We have a place in Highlands which is an amazingly peaceful and gorgeous area of SW nc. Boone is really nice too.

19. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    It is a hidden gem. I might not go quite that far, but I wouldn't dispute it's gorgeous. They get a full four seasons in Boone, with a surprising amount of snow, too. Makes for a great place to live, if you like that kind of change.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,986
    If I had a dollar for every time this sentence has been posted.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app