Myles Wilmoth - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by UDDawg, Jul 3, 2019.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,880
    Hinkle likes this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,073
    HA. This is such a classic Butler commitment. We follow dozens of players and get a commit from one we've never heard of.

MBA2003, BHayden, Shimmy and 7 others like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    We are his only high major offer. 3 star. Eh, definitely looks like a project. Needs lots of weight if he's going to live in the BE. Like I said yesterday, it's officially second tier targeting now.

Runs with City Rocks who I was told played Indy heat in eybl...so, maybe someone got a look at him?

4. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $266
    Damn, kid never misses. Kam Woods meets Steph Curry....sign me up!

joliebeth23 likes this.
  5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $155
    Well, LaVall & Co. have a pretty decent history of finding gems before the rest; hopefully this is the same.

MBA2003, BHayden, Bulldogs260 and 2 others like this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,006
    Haha who?!

Amazing this kid was never mentioned on the board, and it was never reported that he had been offered.

That said, Welcome to Butler!

MBA2003 likes this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,006
    I’m going to say this now because I already know what replies are coming. Butler clearly wants this kid and disagree with his ranking/believes in his potential. They aren’t reaching down to sub200 kids because they are desperate. Teams don’t do that in June. Butler wants to take a shot here. If they are excited about his potential everyone here should be too. We’ve seen LaVall identify kids like this early in the past, let’s hope he’s done so again.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    It is interesting no one ever had a clue about an offer. Maybe they just offered and he jumped right away at it.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $471
    Regardless of his ranking, I'm thrilled to see that we are recruiting long, athletic, above-the-rim, big men.

We strike again on the east coast. Being in the Big East is paying dividends. With the amount of scholarships we have in that class, I'm fine with taking a "project". We really could have used a Kam Woods last year and I think Myles is strides above where Kam was at this point in his career.

Welcome aboard Myles! It's a good day to be a bulldog.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    Looks like a high upside guy. Man this is a tough crowd. We don't pull top 50 guys... Yet. This is the kind of guy LJ needs in his system versatile athletic 4s. He's what 16/17? Let him fill into his body, get in a college weight lifting regimen. Now that he's committed I'm sure our strength guys will be sending him info. He can rebound, push the ball in transition, finish above the rim, block shots, shoot 3's. This is the prototypical NBA 4 now. Can we please stop looking at rankings on 16/17 year olds especially ones who haven't grown into their bodies yet... Jaxson Hayes...he's going to be a really good player for Butler and If he develops has NBA upside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Shimmy, bwesson15, SRG and 6 others like this.
  11. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $471
    Just watched a couple videos.

I'd love to know what this guy's wingspan is, it looks enormous. I like his shot form too. He appears to make a lot of hustle plays and has a great motor. I'm really excited to see how this kid develops. We may have found a gem!

MBA2003, ButlerFan89, SRG and 2 others like this.
  12. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $186
    Like this commitment. Might be slender but he is already 6’8” and appears to be a quick jumper. We may finally have a true shot blocker, which would be a first since Kam Woods.

Dewars12, BHayden, SRG and 4 others like this.
  13. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $471
    He appears to be playing up a year on the EYBL circuit, too. He's one of only 3 2020s on the team. I'm sure we saw Myles when we were scouting Symir Torrence.

upload_2019-7-3_15-28-23.png

14. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    Agreed. Seems he's been blowing up a bit on the summer circuit, too. Definitely someone they think is a player ready to grow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

15. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $420
    Not even attempting to make comparison; however, Paul Reed from DePaul is listed at 6'9" 210 LBS, and he seems to handle his own in the Big East. If he can be anywhere close t0 Paul when he gets to Butler, I will be thrilled.

16. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $471
    It would be nice if he could bring Andre Jackson with him. Steal another one out of Cuse's hands :p

17. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    SRG likes this.
  18. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $288
    I agree that Lavall and company has done a great job of finding talent before most schools recognize them. I love this pick up. After about the top 25-50 guys in a class I don’t pay attention to rankings. It’s a crap shoot after that. Good Job Coaches!!!

MBA2003, BHayden and joliebeth23 like this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    He runs with a hell of eybl team, that's for sure.

I like the height and wing span, needs about 15-20 on him.

I do hope we are still in play for one of the forward offers we have. I'm dying for Cross, Coles or Scooby. But, so are many schools.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    Agree, after what Coach Johnson did with Bryce Golden in his first year, a redshirt 4 that spends a year in the weight room seems like a really good idea. Now if LJ can find us a top tier 2, I think this class may be better than we anticipate.

Welcome Myles!

joliebeth23 likes this.