Myles Wilmoth - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by UDDawg, Jul 3, 2019.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,711
    I see no reason why not.

MBA2003 and joliebeth23 like this.
  2. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,337
    Yes...it’s about their development after they get here.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    Hoping we don't need to find out. A couple of our other "top" targets need to go our way. We are going to have to win some of the off the court battles in order to have the kind of success we are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,516
    Hard to say Coach Jordan has really been pulling in exclusively "under the radar" guys. Battle is top-100, JMM was "under the radar" - Harris is top-150, Wilmoth is "under the radar" but he could be a major riser in the next set of rankings (I did not think that about JMM's game). I think both Harris and Wilmoth will be top-200 (at least), which I would not consider under the radar, and the program looks likely to land another top-150 guy. There might not be any eye-opening commits but the newcomers will all have been high-major caliber recruits.

The biggest worry about Wilmoth right now is his strength and he knows that. I would expect that is remedied enough in the next year where he will be a higher recruit than he is now. I'm not putting too much stock into where anyone is ranked outside of the top-100 right now because it is so fluid.

But yeah, it would be nice to add a true top-100 guy again soon haha.

Shimmy, DawgPoundMac and joliebeth23 like this.
  5. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    The more I see about this kid, I think his upside is huge. All about development and attitude, and he seems to be very positively focused on those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MBA2003, NCJon and seadawg like this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    They did in 14-15 and 15-16. Myles, IMO isn't super athletic, but he's athletic enough (and certainly long enough) to play in the Big East. His skill and physical development is what's going to determine how successful he is in the Big East.

NCJon and joliebeth23 like this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    I think we are going to see that kids don't always fall in the ranking after committing to Butler. While it's true that national scouts don't care about a kid as much after he commits to a small market, it gets a little blown out of proportion here. I bet Wilmoth is not viewed as an "under the radar" recruit by the time he steps on the floor at Hinkle.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  8. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    Aside from my propensity to disdain player rankings, BU has more than held their own historically with late bloomers, over-achievers and role players. That in no way guarantees success in the BE but it speaks volumes concerning BU's track record. How it equates with this coaching staff remains to be seen.

Sidd Finch and joliebeth23 like this.
  9. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    joliebeth23 likes this.
  10. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    Well I guess he is under the radar but most kids are until they breakout right? I think the staff identified this kid as a high ceiling and are taking that chance with 3 scholarships left I love it. Low risk high reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $294
    This board never fails to disappoint. In only a couple of days, you’ve all convinced yourselves that some random recruit who was listing the likes of Bryant and Hofstra is somehow underrated and is going to be a ‘major riser’ in the rankings.

Or maybe he’s the kind of player that schools like those two (and UMass+) recruit.

Which is more likely? Butler is still recruiting Horizon League level players or literally every coaching staff in the country remotely close to a high major level is wrong?

It’s one thing to hope. It’s another thing to be flat out delusional

12. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,302
    I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been said before, but if your reason for continuing to post on a forum for a team you actively root to fail because it will prove how smart and clever you are, then feel free to stop.

MBA2003, bwesson15, Shimmy and 6 others like this.
  13. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    My question to that would be how many players start with Duke and UCLA and North Carolina as their first offer? Maybe a handful right? Butler won’t get those guys anyway, like I said before every recruit is being “recruited my horizon league talent” until the big dogs come along. Butler in this case got their first and didn’t even let another big time school come along. We almost did the same thing with Eugene Brown just didn’t get a commitment and now Ga is involved heavy. For you to think this was a desperate move and butler is still recruiting horizon level talent is crazy. Maybe you chose to forget about Chuck Harris who we got a month ago in the top 100 lol. What about Jordan tucker who coach K recruited. Some horizon level talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
    Alcohol101 likes this.
  14. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Member

Money:
    $95
    Ignore it. Title would have trashed us if we had recruited Zion Williamson or Anthony Davis.

MBA2003, fdr, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    Brust is a Butler lock!

joliebeth23, godogs91 and Alcohol101 like this.
  16. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,895
    That can't be the reason, he has been consistently wrong about everything for almost a decade.

17. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $359
    He said the exact same things about Andrew Chrabascz.

Which is more likely? Our resident troll/fraud is full of sh!t, as usual, or professional basketball coaches know more about scouting and the potential of recruits than a guy that posts anonymously on twitter?

I have no doubt now, that Wilmoth is a future all Big East performer.

MBA2003, Eric, estar20dawg and 8 others like this.
  18. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    I'll put $1000 down that he'll be a NBA Hall of Famer.

joliebeth23 and Alcohol101 like this.
  19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,170
    TLDR - Title's Lame; Didn't Read

fdr, Shimmy, butlerguy03 and 6 others like this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    Another reason to like Wilmoth is that when he makes a shot block the ball stays in play. Ala Bill Russell.

godogs91 and kmacker69 like this.