Name that poster just for fun

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Insane Dawg, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,313
    Name the poster on these recent recruits under Jordan

Chuck Harris
    Jayden Taylor
    Myles Tate
    Myles Wilmoth
    DJ Hughes
    Simas Lukosius
    Pierce Thomas

1 . “ Come on the recruiting has been bad”
    2. “ I’ll take Chuck and Taylor from that list. The rest would be suited at mid major schools
    3. “ Damn Coles is better than all of them”
    4. “ We missed on BE talent . We definitely signed Top 300 kids”

2. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
    Insane - to piggyback a little. For the folks that are pining for the good ol' days when we had great coaches that always made the right calls, coaches that were remarkable recruiters, we had high intensity and intelligent players that never took a play off or made a mental error...name the coach and year referenced in the posts below.

HINT: none of these are from the LJ years. Also, it took less than 5 minutes to randomly pull up old threads, randomly grab a page from that thread and see these.

1. How many times now has the ball gotten to the middle against the Butler zone? They just can't play it well right now and they can't defend the rim in man to man.
    2. It seems (like every year) Coach X is overthinking and trying to mold players into roles that they do not fit into.
    3. Worst defensive team I can remember
    4. Is this just a lack of talent in some positions or are we just playing selfish, stupid basketball on offense?
    5. I'm not sure 8 days or 800 is going to make much of a difference with the point guard situation Butler is straddled with. It's going to be ugly.
    6. And yes, the guard depth (lack thereof) is what will keep this team from achieving a lot of things this year.
    7. The effort at the start of the second half was MORE pathetic than the officiating.
    8. Another weird lineup? Don't know where this one came from, but it isn't working.
    9. What makes me nervous is opponents have been pretty successful at making halftime adjustments against Butler all season.
    10. What is frustrating is how dumb this team plays
    11. Maybe Coach Y should use the next practice just to let people laugh at how lazy Player X is with the ball
    12. Why the hell is he yelling at Player Y? He made one bad play compared to all of Player A’s bad plays.
    13. Butler not active!! Why no rotation? This team is hitting a wall at the 13 minute mark. Coach is so stubborn at times.
    14. Coach has lost his damn mind going with that unit for over 9 minutes to start the second half. No one was getting it done.
    15. It's the unfortunate reality of most message boards. When things are going well, it's always over the top crazy love. When things aren't going well, it's downright venomous (and I would know because I happen to be a perpetrator of that most of the time).
    16. You aren't supposed to tell the Emperor that he's not wearing any clothes, but.....It does not look like a very well coached team.
    17. Yup, they are asleep. Low energy.
    18. This team just isn't very good
    19. Clean up the mistakes and Butler wins. This is terrible, and while this isn't a must-win game, there is no way Butler should be losing to a team as bad as this
    20. At the end of this season two of our 3 best defenders will be graduated. At the end of next season 67% of our scoring from yesterday's game will be gone. Our bench is minimal. The recruits we have coming for next year aren't going to be "big impact" players. One isn't even playing this year and the other needs to spend a lot of time in the weight room to hope to compete in the BE 2-3 years out. All this makes me very nervous. It's as if we are sitting on a ticking time bomb. What are we going to do to replace these 4 key players? I haven't heard the recruiting lines lighting up.
    21. Do we have enough offense to beat a quality team? Right now not enough defense.
    22. We well (sic) not win many Big East games

Insane Dawg likes this.
  3. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    I see that squeaking out a home win vs. DePaul has you really feelin yourself this morning. Hope you’re getting paid by the hour from the Coaching Staff to be their personal PR machine on the board.

Anyways, yeah I’m number 2. And if we strive to be a top team in the Big East, I stand by my comment.

tobystorrs likes this.
  4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,602
    I'm pretty sure 90% of the forum posters are well aware of how stupid we are, not that it will ever change our rants and raves, and of course there is that other 10%:rolleyes:. In any event, I would like to wish one and all a happy New Year and may your 2022 posts continue to amuse and amaze. Cheers.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,673
    I will take the irrationality that comes with passionate fandom (my own included) over apathy, not caring, not tuning in, not commenting, not supporting every day of the year!

Best wishes to all for a Happy & Healthy 2022!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,606
    I'm most certainly guilty of passionate fandom and the curse of growing up playing, coaching, and refereeing basketball. I think I know more than I do. Go Dawgs!

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,612
    Didn’t read them all, but I’m guessing PSU, Willis, and ButlerNut account for at least 25%

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan and 2xDawg like this.
  8. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,095
    Don't know the name of the poster and it was from the old board, but what has to be in the hot take hof "Shelvin Mack is a cancer on this team"

#60, BulldogsFTW and Insane Dawg like this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,802
    Wait someone actually said that????

10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,802
    A few of those definitely sound like me

ButlerNut and 2xDawg like this.
  11. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,095
    Yep. It was definitely said. If I remember the context correctly Shelvin was in a bit of a shooting slump and the poster felt his continuing to shoot so many 3s made him a cancer on the team.

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $17,802
    7 and 10 sound like me.

Also 19 - I use “terrible” a lot, and I’m one of a few who would (correctly) hyphenate “must-win”.

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,717
    It’s def not me since the grammar is correct and it’s easy to understand what is being said

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Active Member

Money:
    $212
    Feeling any differently about Simas after his game against DePaul? I know it's just 1 game, but a lot of us were really impressed.

15. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,250
    Remember when Dunham had his terrible shooting slump? I think over 5 games he went 2/30 or something ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bumba likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,589
    A lot of that was other teams chasing KD from every corner of the court. He faced defensive pressure that would make guys on this team roll over and play dead.

I'm with anyone else who can't believe the Shelvin quote.

willisbrown likes this.
  17. BigHoss

Money:
    $1,005
    Upon further consideration, I think that we should have recruited zero of these guys.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  18. BigHoss

Money:
    $1,005
    Sadly no, not really. A less strong Roosevelt Jones, who is not as good at finishing but slightly better at shooting

19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    Like Jared, I get why the Rose Jones comp is made, but I don’t think it’s really appropriate at all for him.

Rose could drive on anyone regardless of how hard you tried to stop it. He physically overwhelmed people on both offense and defense.

I’m his entire career I think it’s safe to say that Luko will likely not physically overwhelm anyone.

He’s never going to be a plus defender, but he has incredible feel on offense. He’s a crafty passer, good enough at using change of pace that he likely will be a passable driver and I think he’s a pretty good shooter.

His lack of athleticism caps his developmental ceiling, but I think there’s a place for him to carve out a pretty nice career.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUcheer and BoyGeoff like this.