Nate Fowler - 2015 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 26, 2012.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,299
    Coach Johnson told me today that Fowler is progressing well and just recently got his boot off. He will be at Hinkle tomorrow for the game.

4. Butler

Butler New Member

Money:
    $5
    I Saw Nate at halftime and he said he was doing great. I asked if he could make free throws. He smiled and said "yes Sir". I hope he's right

5. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Currently rated as a 4 star on ESPN (before I get torched I know those ratings mean little, but has to be exciting for the kid to see some recognition)

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,008
    NF was on crutches walking in before the game, but we saw him stand up without them so that must be a good sign. It looked like Coach Johnson called the recruits back to the locker room as soon as the second half was over. I think one kid was rockin' a high-top fade that might rival Kid n' Play in the 90's. Looked to be a solid 3-4 inches off the top of his head. Nice 'do young fella.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    That high top fade belongs to 2017 Jalen Adaway of Logansport.

8. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Any update on this kid's health and size? Seems the only thing that slowed him down and scared off teams was lacking of playing time because of injury. Think we all (me included) are sleeping on him because he has been essentially out for a year.

9. peeps112

Money:
    $553
    Still intrigued how Fowler is progressing. Was high major when we got involved and only dropped due to his injury.

10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $173
    Don't disagree with you here. Just tough to know how good he can be after essentially having a year off from competitive basketball. My guess is it'll take him a while to get his old game back, and that's if he can stay healthy during the year, which we all hope he can.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,008
  12. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,739
  13. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,123
    The one standing on a chair. : )

14. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $578
    Best of the day!

15. peeps112

Money:
    $553
    Fowler is getting a lot of build up from Holt. Hope he is healthy and can contribute next year. Doesn't feel like any of us (me included) are counting on him because of his injuries.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $173
    From the Doyel article:

Things could go wrong. Maybe the freshman center from Cincinnati, Nate Fowler, isn't ready to be the impact player he's going to be someday. His coach at Moeller High, Carl Kremer, was glowing to me about Fowler, saying: "He's going to be special. He's not a super athlete, but he's better than people know. He will be a championship-level player and he'll play early, as long as the surgery pans out the way it should."

Right. The surgery. The 6-10, 250-pound Fowler had surgery on a broken foot in December and missed the rest of his senior season, and while Butler coach Chris Holtmann says Fowler is "really, really close to being cleared for full contact," it hasn't come yet.

Big men and foot injuries just make me nervous. Hopefully it's just a freakish type of thing, but I'm also a little down on his ability to play next year for the same reason. It's also a lot of rust to shake off basically having to take a year off of competitive basketball.

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,747
    Count me as pretty damn optimistic compared to most everyone else on here. I have a feeling he'll be just fine.

18. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,123
    I don't have a feeling either way, but the things they are saying about Fowler are the exact same things they said about Chrabascz . . . and that worked out just fine.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    One of the few AAU games Fowler played last year, but box score wise he didn't do bad vs Diallo. 3/4 from the field, 7 pts/5 boards and 1 block. Diallo is probably one of the top 2 or 3 BIGS in the 2015 class. To me this is encouraging......

http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/7066059

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    I see Andrew Smith reincarnated.