Nate Fowler - 2015 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 26, 2012.

1. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    I'd take Andrew 2.0 in a heartbeat. For as much flak as he caught during his playing days (I'm guilty, too), dude was a pretty solid college baller for the dawgs.

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Ari Kasle ‏@AKasle_BU 3h3 hours ago
    Nate Fowler was offered a scholarship by Brad Stevens. He committed to Butler under Brandon Miller. He will be coached by Chris Holtmann.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    Fowler will start by the end of the 2015-2016 season. You heard it here first.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    West Loop-

You are very correct, other than G Time starting at the "4", I cannot remember a big dude coming in right away and making noise. But, this is the most talented big man to come into Butler. So, I think he'll come in and kill right off the jump. I think he's all in and will come in looking to kill dudes. Which, gives me an erection.

He isn't this good, so, I don't mean this to scale, but bare with me. Think of all the teams that have had returning big men and the super talented one comes in and starts. It's happened plenty, and I think this kid is that skilled. He and C would be one hell of a problem. Tough, raw, F u up types. I cannot wait.

The thoughts on Fowler expressed by Mr. Insane-O hope you're right. But, I don't trust his feet yet. And I think right now even, Brunk>>>Fowler. JMO. Personally, I don't count on Fowler giving this team much, but that's just because I'm frightened of big man foot injuries. But if he does, we're going to have the best frontline come 2016-2017 in the Big East. Strong statement, I know. But that will be the case. And I love it.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    Any particular reason you are so high on him? I hope you're right, obviously, but he hasn't been a full go in a long, long time and now he's coming into a different level of basketball altogether.

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    I'm going from his highlight videos and what I hear from someone who has watched him in open gym that knows what he is looking at. The kid is more athletic than Brunk and is huge. He can shoot from outside and can dribble well for someone of his size. He has soft hands. I just think he is going to be starting by the EOY. Obviously it is conjecture on my part but I see him passing Wideman because of skills and size.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Talked to a Moeller person at the Adidas about Fowler today. The guy was very objective. Said there would be some rust early on. Said Nate is a very cerebral player. Not the greatest athlete, but a guy who knows how to play. Great outlet passer. Has a perimeter game ability.

I kind of think we are going to get a much more physical version of Nolan Berry. The guy said Fowler can step outside and score or also score inside. I am kind of curious to see what Fowler can do. The last player I had not seen in person at AAU or in HS before he came to butler was Castro. That was just a disaster, but I don't feel that way about Fowler. You know this kid has been well coached by Kremer. The inactivity period is the real bugaboo here. The Moeller guy said be patient. Said we will like Fowler.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    One thing I find particularly interesting about Fowler is that he picked Butler apparently more for the education than the head coach. I find that refreshing.

9. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,398
    How do you come to that conclusion?

10. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,123
    I'm sure it has more to do with the basketball programs reputation, regardless of the coach, couple with the fact that his other realistic destinations at the time were Dayton and maybe West Virginia. Michigan had shown "interest" but was unlikely to result in an offer at the time.

But sure, if it makes you warm and fuzzy to think he just values the education he'll receive at Butler . . . go for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    Sorry for mucking up your Elijah Bryant thread! I'll never do that again except for these comments to your comments above " in" the Elijah Bryant thread. Perhaps he didn't pick Butler because of the basketball programs' reputation, regardless of the coach, unlike every other kid that picks a school because of the coach as you have said before. Perhaps he picked Butler because his parents said they wanted him to have a normal college experience and did not want him to go to a big university yet wanted him to get a good education and experience being away from home. Then again maybe he committed to Brad Stevens then signed under Miller yet did not change his mind when Lewis took over because of the basketball programs' reputation during that period of time. Yes it does make me warm and fuzzy to think he values an education and experience he'll receive at Butler. Yes I I will not only go for it but honor and embrace it as well.

Again sorry this in the Elijah Bryant thread- I'll never do that agai- heaven forbid that I pulled on your chain!

12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,398
    He committed to Miller nearly a year after Brad had been in Boston...

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Taking the conversation re: Fowler's feet here rather than on the Bryant thread. I was at the reception for Holtmann shortly after getting the full time gig. Fowler had just had his foot surgery. IIRC, Coach indicated the foot issue was not something that would be a problem moving forward--or words to that effect. As if he were saying, "it's not the typical big man foot problem." Anyone else here there that day who can confirm?

BTW--don't believe those twitter "experts" speculating about stuff that they no nothing about. Amazes me people fall for that.

14. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I was there as well. He did indicate that he thought the surgery would eliminate it from being a reoccurring problem for Nate. Coach seemed very confident that the only setback he would have was due to missing the year of basketball.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Only thing I have ever heard is stress fracture. I'll trust Chris if he says it is not as serious.

Did you see this from yesterday though...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pdates-on-76ers-cs-recovery-from-foot-surgery

Sometimes foot injuries for BIGS just linger and linger.....Fowler hasn't played for awhile. The rest hopefully has strengthened the bone significantly so that he does not break it again. I was really encouraged by the feedback I got from the Moeller guy yesterday about Fowler's abilities. King james and Kyle Ahrens told me the exact same stuff down in Louisville in July 2014. People really like Fowler. I hope the kid has a very healthy and productive Butler career.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    I was there too and I was the one that asked him whether CH had any concerns about his foot. CH was emphatic that he was not and I got the impression CH talked to one or more people in the medical community for validation. But then again two people on here will nonetheless question what I heard.

Thanks for moving the " conversation" to the proper thread!

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    Rose Jones missed a year of basketball and started off rusty but eventually got it together. I recently read some comments somewhere from Ari that were very complimentary of Fowler's skills and his ability to be a contributor. I remember Ari saying he was huge and towered over Wideman.

18. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Rose also had already been successful at the college level. We will find out soon enough how fowler will be

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,747
    Minor details :)

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    Agree. Someone said he will be rusty and was just commenting that Fowler will get over the rust as well and probably quickly because of his size and shot form. I never said he will begin the season as a starter but I do believe he will be a starter by the end of the year. His size, footwork, passing ability and scoring ability will get him on the floor.