Nate Fowler - 2015 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    One of Fowler's fouls wasn't a foul. It was a pick and roll. He set the screen then rolled to the basket.

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    His 2nd foul was pretty cheap as well. It was one of those fouls that is technically a foul under the "new" rules (he impeded the progress of a cutter, or in this case a screener), but it's something that happens most possessions of the game and the refs just choose to call it a handful of times to be able to say they are calling it.

3. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    He should have finished that "layup" on that great move he had but my biggest take away was when thrust onto a big stage he looked calm and confident out there and unfazed by Purdue. Ironically, with him the building, it reminded me of a young Andrew Smith in his early career.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    With better foot work.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Get used to that 3 Fowler hit. I think the staff is going to use him offensively alot like Creighton used some of their BIGS. Fowler has exceptional mechanics on his 3 point ball. He can hit that shot. I could see him hitting alot of "trail 3's" in his Butler career, along with pick and pops.

6. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $440
    "Butler University Release" "Butler junior Nate Fowler has been selected to the 2017-18 CoSIDA Academic All-District Team. Fowler is one of five honorees for the district that includes Division I universities based in the states of Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan.

The 2017-18 College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District® Men's Basketball Team recognizes the nation's top student-athletes for their combined performances on the court and in the classroom.

Fowler carries a 3.56 GPA in Butler's Mechanical Engineering and Economics dual degree program.

The 6-10 post player is averaging 6.2 points and 3.1 rebounds per game for the 19-10 Bulldogs. Fowler is shooting 61 percent from the field. In Butler's most recent game, a 93-70 win over Creighton Tuesday night, Fowler had a season-high 15 points to go along with six rebounds. He has scored in double figures in six games so far this season, including a double-double against Western Illinois Dec. 21.

To be eligible for nomination, a student-athlete must be of at least junior standing academically, have a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or better, and be a significant contributor on the court. Sports information directors from each district vote for the All-District Teams.

First-team Academic All-District® honorees advance to the CoSIDA Academic All-America® Team ballot, with first-, second- and third-team Academic All-America honorees to be announced in March."

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Butler seems to produce a lot of STUDENT athletes. Congrats to Nate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $440
    It all goes back to a coach saying, "Our PROFESSIONALS are, MBA's, Ph.D's, MDs and LL.D's." Of course this was pre GH and SM.

ButlerNut likes this.
  9. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
    FWIW in a recent inetrview Mack stated he was returning to Butler to finish up his remaining academic work, so he may eventually qualify as the double professional.

troggy and bmradio99 like this.
  10. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,161
    Great to hear. Congrats Nate!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,668
    Congratulations to Nate! No small feat considering all the time required to be a D-1 athlete in the Big East.
    It has been a bit of a drought since Barlow made the list, so I'm glad to see us add another to the rich history of the Butler players' success.

12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Nate has the potential to be a great asset to this team. I just wish he played with the same defensive intensity as he does after he scores for the entire game. In my opinion, it's all confidence for him. The skills are there. Although he can't jump as high as some of the other bigs, when he's focused on the game and playing with intensity he can alter a lot of shots. He needs to bring that defensive intensity every night, even if he's not playing well on the other end. Tyler Lewis used to be the same way.

bwesson15 and Grandpa Bulldog like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Congratulations Nate!

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    "What's your GPA?" - Shelvin Mack

NateDog, #60, SpartanDawgs and 5 others like this.
  15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    “Mine’s a 3.0”—Shelvin Mack

#60 likes this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,242
    When it comes to "trash talk," this quote belongs in the pantheon of quotes! (Perhaps "game talk" is the better description of his dig.)

Gotta love some Shelvin Mack!

17. mass_dawgs

mass_dawgs New Member

Money:
    $34
    Did he say this?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
    #60 likes this.
  19. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,709
    I am used to reading a lot of comments about the Dawgs needing more athleticism on the team, soon the criteria will be Trash Talking skills

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Would have to go back and research a bit, but at least when Alex Barlow was named an AA, saw that BU had more basketball AA’s than anyone since 2005. #LetsGoNate

seadawg likes this.