Nate Fowler - 2015 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 26, 2012.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,242
    Have your smartest player inbound the ball

[​IMG]

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    I have been critical of Nate's play. But last night, he played well. He hit a 3, made some layups and hustled. Yes, he got a couple of shots blocked that wouldn't have been blocked if he just dunked.

That in-bounds play was drawn up by coach. Nate ran the play. Blame for that decision falls on Jordan, not on Nate.

#60 likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    No that's not on Jordan, that decision is 100% on Fowler. Option 1 is see if the long pass is open, if not you inbound to the guards, plus they had a timeout left...IF it's not there you don't throw it, that is practiced and instilled religiously, DON'T THROW IT if it's not there. Every team practices that religiously or at least should...If not don't call that option

bumba, BoyGeoff and bmradio99 like this.
  4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    Disagree it is all on Fowler. Jordan should never have put that play in motion. Everyone should have been running a pick and roll towards the inbounds pass. The only decisions Fowler should have had to make are which guy to give it to to get fouled.

estar20dawg likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    I'll completely agree that play should never have been called. But the decision making was Fowler's choice, and his alone

6. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    I can agree that Fowler made the decision to throw that pass. That was not a good idea.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    One would have to think that if a coach draws up a play, a player would presume it would work. I would think there would be other options as well. I'd say both player and coach are equally responsible. We don't whether the team worked on this prior in practice or if it was a spur of the moment thing. Nor do we know if LJ drew it up. Regardless, I don't feel it was the correct play for this situation.

Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.
  8. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    I didn't mind the play design at all on that, it's really not that odd to send someone long on a play like that. 1 - Maybe you catch the defense napping and get an easy entry that chews up some extra seconds on the clock with them having to chase. 2 - If they run with you and defend it, you clear some congestion and there are fewer arms to get in the passing lanes in the backcourt. The problem was we didn't recognize that it wasn't there and tried to force it deep. Before making that pass, you have to be 100% sure you have it which we obviously didn't. Not sure if Nate's read was just bad, or if the staff pushed that as option A, B, and C.

9. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    KM is too slow to run a streak play. If you insist on doing that, use a faster player.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  10. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $168
    Or at least one not so heavily guarded. I don’t remember who was guarding kelan during that play but I can only assume they had their best defensive player on our teams biggest offensive threat. I feel like Nate did what he was told to do. He never usually in bounds the ball they must have thought he was the one who could get it the furthest. And they didn’t pull him from the game. If he wasn’t instructed to do it I think he would have been given a seat. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,242