Nate Fowler - 2015 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 26, 2012.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,991
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,291
  3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Mike Dyer ‏@MikeDyer 30 Nov
    Moeller junior center Nate Fowler had 22 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Crusaders past Chaminade Julienne 77-46 today

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,991
    http://gcls.gclsports.com/news/article.aspx?id=1080

Crusaders Open Hoops Season With Road Victory 12/01/2013

Moeller, ranked No.1 in The Enquirer’s Division I preseason basketball coaches’ poll, jumped out to a 26-9 lead after the first quarter and went on to open the 2013-14 basketball season with a 77-46 victory over Chaminade-Julienne Saturday afternoon in Dayton. Junior center Nate Fowler had game highs of 22 points (8-of-11 shooting) and 13 rebounds to pace Moeller, which shot 59.1 percent from the field and went 9-of-15 from three-point range. Senior guard Grant Benzinger also scored in double figures for Moeller, with 15. Moeller was the lone GCL South team to play over the weekend, with the other three set to open their seasons this week. La Salle – ranked No. 2 behind Moeller in the preseason coaches’ poll – hosts Roger Bacon, No. 1 in The Enquirer’s Division II-IV coaches’ poll, n Friday night. Elder opens its season by hosting Princeton on Tuesday, and No. 9 St. Xavier travels to Turpin on Saturday night.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Kurt J. Stubbs II ‏@Ohiohshoops 22h
    Nate Fowler C/O 2015 of Cincinnati Moeller is a kid that should really break out this year. Have always loved his game. 22/13 in his opener

6. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    He was at the North Dakota game the other day. You can pretty much pencil him in as committing to Butler. We are so far out in front of every other school

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    You think Fowler and Ahrens are a package deal?

8. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    No clue. I would be really pumped if Fowler could recruit him to Butler

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Likewise. Out of all the 2015 Butler offers out there right now, I think I want Ahrens more than any other player.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Purdue watched Fowler last Fri nite.....

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Tyler Hicks ‏@THicksTBOH 11h
    @CooterTV I think Fowler is coming for sure and I really think Walton will too. Getting Ahrens and Bolden would make for a perfect class

12. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,123
    That would be a phenomenal class. Would immediately end all doubt over Miller's recruiting ability.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Are Barlow and Fowler friends? How much of a role is Barlow playing in this recruitment? Alex will have graduated by the time Fowler would get here, but he could conceivably be a graduate assistant coach.

I would imagine the Moeller HS coaches are pushing Fowler towards Butler also. They have to like what Barlow has been able to accomplish here.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,679
    Barlow certainly is playing a big part even if only as a roll model. Surely Barlow is well respected by the school and by Fowler's parents who say they want him to have a normal college experience.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Was at a recent Dayton game.....

17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Kurt J. Stubbs II ‏@Ohiohshoops 8h
    Moeller will play Franklin at 1:45 on Monday in a consolation contest

-----------

Fowler vs Kennard

18. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $241
    Disappointed they are not streaming that game since I'm curious to see how legit Kennard is but they did stream first two games and if Moeller wins the fifth place game would be streamed right before Nova game I believe. Here are links for full games from first two games of tournament.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/42155134 (19 points and 13 rebounds vs some team from Canada)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/42190839 (8 points 6 rebounds vs Duke commit Grayson Allen and FGCU commit Christian Terrell)

Sparknotes from two games: first game Fowler had very efficient game against smaller team where biggest guys were only 6'5 so he just took them to town in post while second game the other team only had one legit big guy that was on Fowler entire time and Moeller has another big guy going to Elon next year that was being guarded by the 6'4 Allen so Moeller was trying to take advantage of that mismatch which left Fowler on perimeter for most of game and he hit two threes but otherwise didn't get many touches due to early foul trouble and other team stalling for good portion of second half.

Observations: Most impressive thing about Fowler is that he hedges extremely well for someone his size which makes him perfect fit for Butler on defense. He does a great job getting in position for rebounds especially on offense. Based on smaller sample size but I thought his individual man to man defense in the post was solid against someone his own size. Biggest concerns would be I thought there were times when on the block he was like Smith in sense that he already knew what move he was going to do before he got ball instead of trying to read the defense which he got away with in first game against smaller opponent but didn't work nearly as well once he had someone his own size guarding him and that there were times on defense that he picked up some cheap fouls trying to guard people on perimeter.

Granted I haven't seen Smits play but I'm convinced Fowler is better fit for what Butler needs at this point. Especially once Fromm leaves Butler is going to need someone who can both defend on block and hedge on perimeter. Fowler is definitely going to be able to hedge at college level really well and should be able to do much better job defending on block compared to Smits right out of the block.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Kurt J. Stubbs II ‏@Ohiohshoops 4h
    Moeller defeats Franklin (88-34) today in Beach Ball Classic to advance to 5th place game. Luke Kennard sat out with a sore knee

--------

I would assume Fowler played well as Moeller shot nearly 70% from the floor.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    It doesn't appear as though Fowler did much or had to do much in this 50 pt win(without Kennard). No mention here....

http://phenomhoopreport.com/beach-ball-classic-day-5-game-3-moeller-oh-v-franklin-oh/