NCAA Tournament conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ThaddeusB, Mar 17, 2016.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    You just dig yourself deeper and deeper having no clue what you're talking about, don't you?

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Nah! The NCAA wouldn't do that do you think?

4. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Fun first half. Huge block and basket to end the half by Villanova.

5. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Sensational game to end a great tournament. Congratulations to Villanova!

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    What a game! A classic!

7. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Best title game ever.

8. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644
    This will go down as one of the best games ever...awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Gosh and I was thinking Nova should have fouled and put NC on the foul line when up by three with seconds to go.

10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    Obviously I wanted UNC to win, but it's hard to be mad about that one. Congrats to Villanova. Incredible game and incredible finish to a great game. I'm glad to see a program that does it right win.

11. BulldogTJN

BulldogTJN New Member

Money:
    $5
    Absolutely the best title game ever (maybe besides the NC State-Houston game...but that was before my time). This title game goes to show you that you don't need stud freshmen, or a team full of McDonald's All-Americans. You need a team that plays together, players that play within their role, and a solid, smart coach. What a huge win for the Big East, love it! Also, Villanova is a class team with a class coach and class players. If Butler can't win the championship, Nova would be my next choice.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Why did NC guard the player who is throwing the ball in and no one on Jenkins?

13. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Did we not make the OSM this year?

14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,340
    Ask Todd Lickliter.

15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    Had Nova winning it all in the office pool, so they won me some $$. Thank you, Kris Jenkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $555
    I fully expect UNC to receive a post season Ban by the end of the summer and it would've felt awful to see them get away with cutting down the nets.

Nova represented us all well- I think their run will help all of us with recruiting and of course some the media pundits can now bite their lip. You always see the "no non-P5 team has won the National title since UNLV in 91" I wonder if this changes that narrative or if the BE gets the respect as a power conference (just not an FBS conference) it deserves.

We're creating something great here and this Big East is 100% focused on Basketball- much like the BE of old.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Have to assume that NC will be penalized well after the NCAA Final conversation has died down. Didn't want to disturb the tournament and NC.

The talking head pundits somehow equate football with basketball. Thus if you are not a D1 football school then you can't be taken seriously in basketball.

18. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,537
    Given the scale of this scandal, the Death Penalty for multiple sports is not yet off the table.

19. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    I just don't see the Death Penalty being used again unless it is just absurd...the NCAA doesn't have the stones or the power.

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    A post-season ban will not surprise me at all. But there's no way they're handing out a death penalty for this. It takes something way more egregious I think. What they've allegedly done is terrible in the context of NCAA sports, but it's not criminal.