NCAA Tournament conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ThaddeusB, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Seton Hall looks pathetic on both ends.

2. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Would love to see a Gonzaga/Utah matchup of bigs.

3. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    lol those lobster guys traveled out there.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Why would you want NC to win anything let alone a BE team?

5. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    I have UNC over Providence.

6. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    Let's stop pretending like any of our brackets will be worth anything when it's all said and done

7. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Gonzaga needs to pick it up...really letting off the gas here.

8. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Really dumb technical by Willard.

9. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    I agree, not sure what he was thinking there.

10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,652
    I know you were asking ndfan, but as a UNC alumnus and Butler fan, I want to see my alma mater do well and I'm sick of hearing about Providence beating Butler from my father-in-law. So I'm rooting for a beat down.

11. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Seton Hall offense: Give it to Whitehead at the top of the key and have him take it in & force up a wild shot every time. Can't imagine why he is 4-21 doing the same thing every possession. ;)

12. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Overall FT shooting has been terrible today.

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,707
    Between the Big East tourney run with 3 games in 3 days a week ago (this is 4th game in an 8-day period), the altitude, and the Zags up-and-down style, Seton Hall is absolutely exhausted. Zags are taking full advantage and wiping the floor with them.

And honestly, Zags aren't even playing that well. A lot of room for improvement. Should be a great matchup with Utah on Saturday.

14. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Gonzaga is very good & were actually favored in this one. Utah is nothing special either, so that game should be close to pick. The committee really blew it with the mid-major & Pac-12 seeding.

And yah, they didn't really play that well today. Season high 18 turnovers, for example.

15. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Ouch. Whitehead just tied NCAA record for worst with 0-10 on 3s.

16. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    What a great day of basketball. Many close games & got every upset one could have realistically hoped for. And of course Butler won.

Bulldogs 3-1 on the day, BTW.

17. pitstop007

pitstop007 Member

Money:
    $6
    I agree it was a great day of basketball. Besides Butler's win I was impressed with the Yale victory over Baylor (I had to wear sunglasses watching that game due to Baylor uniforms). Cooley did a good job of coaching in the Providence win (the officiating was terrible). Wichita State proved that they are a force to be dealt with (excellent defense). Finally, Willard did a terrible coaching job in the Seton Hall loss to Gonzaga. Willard cannot control his players and I'm not sure he had any plan to play back into the game. His technical foul made matters worse.

Big win for Butler. Wideman, IMO, played an excellent game on both ends of the court. He was a rock regardless of the swings in the game.

18. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,736
    I thought SH looked gassed 5 minutes into the second half. Great finish to the Friars game. Thought our guys played tough. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

19. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,314
    Today's games should be just as exciting...lots of potential for some great games and some upsets today. Some things that will catch my eye:

-In losing Tyrone Wallace, Cal has to rely on two 5 star freshies against a Hawaii team that a lot of people liked to begin with
    -Can Maryland start putting it together finally after a bit of an underwhelming season and avoid an upset?
    -Could Indiana teams end up 3-1 or will Michigan be able to outgun ND on the perimeter and contain Auguste?
    -Can Iowa be the team they were for the first half of the season or will be see another all-Philly matchup in the round of 32?
    -Can Syracuse take advantage of getting included and win a game?
    -St Joes/Cincy is the last game of the day and could be one of the best games of the first round
    -How will the Texas teams fair...can Texas avoid another first round exit and can SFA pull off the upset after consistently dominating in the regular season the last couple seasons?

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Seton Hall was never in it last night with Whitehead going 4-24. But hey he kept putting it up. This one I wanted for the BE because of the over hyped opponent.