NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,069
    Just trying to keep things organized. I'll have game threads up for Butler games. Tournament discussion not related to Butler can go in this thread.

2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    Thoughts from Vegas:

Gotta think S Dakota St +11 vs Michigan in the 4-10 game is going to see some heavy action with the way ESPN has hyped up Wolters

You know a ton of ppl are going to go ML Oregon +142 in the 5-12 match up vs Ok St

Iowa St vs Notre Dame is a pick 'em. Gotta think that if you can get close to even money here you go ND

Albany ML +2500 vs Duke in the 2 - 15... anyone???

Wisconsin is only a 5 point favorite vs Ole Miss. Yeah Ole Miss won the SEC Tourney but the SEC is weak....

Miami is only an -11.5 point favorite over Pacific. I know nothing of Pacific but from what I've seen from Miami and their 23 year old squad, I think they cover

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Corey Albertson ?@Corey_Rivals513
    Disagree with Midwest being loaded. Louisville won't be tested until Elite Eight

----------------------

Looks like Corey Albertson thinks Saint Louis sucks. I'll take his money. IMO they are the exact kind of team that can whip the Louisville Cardinals.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,069
    Missouri isn't exactly a poor team either.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    That SDakota St +11 is tempting. I am not sold on Michigan at all. [hr]
    Eustachy vs Haith in Round One. Ethics out the window there.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    /things that get said when Akron's starting PG gets suspended for dealing drugs

------------------------
    I felt bad for Akron. PG gone. idiot. A forward the practice before the game gets hurt. gone. 2 other guys get the flu and are in the ER until gameday. ineffective.

7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    Go Smart Guys! I hope Alford's alma mater suffers the same fate tomorrow. Would love to finally see a 16 upset a 1. Would make my tourney experience regardless of what Butler does.

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    LaSalle just beat K-State. They get a very winnable game vs Ole Miss next.

I've said all year this A-10 is a beast of a league. There's a chance we could have 5 teams in the Sweet Sixteen.

Temple has enough talent and mental makeup to beat an overrated Indiana team.

VCU is going to give Michigan all kinds of problems.

I like Butler's chances vs Marquette. Alot.

Saint Louis will flatten Oregon IMO.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,069
    I don't think Temple or VCU have much of a chance. Michigan simply isn't going to turn the ball over against VCU. I think St. Louis is close to a lock for their game. The other 2 are toss ups IMO. Of course all you have to do is take a look at my bracket this year to know my analysis means nothing.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    Agree with you. A-10 has five teams in the round of 32 who are 6-0. Appears to be the most successful conference so far.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Check out Fla Gulf Coast vs Georgetown. Now. :cool:

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,069
    Why? It's not even a close game? ;)

13. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Best dunk of the season.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    Which one? FCC probably had a had dozen![hr]
    There are only four of the original eight Big East teams left. Hope Notre Dame, Louisville and Syracuse are the only three remaining teams left to play next week.

15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    The one-handed oop.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    How this team lost twice to Lipscom and other tough teams like Mercer and Stetson is amazing!

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,069
    Tournament wins are projected to be worth 1.7 million this year paid out over 6 years. So the A10 made over $8 million by getting 5 teams in and has earned an additional $10 million with the round 1/2 wins.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
    Colin Cowherd ?@ESPN_Colin
    UCLA basketball is flat. It lacks the toughness of Butler, the glamour of Kentucky, the passion of Kansas. Just flat.

I love that Butler is synonymous with toughness. Cowherd had always given backhanded comments to Butler in the past, but this season he has been very complementary of them.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    What happened to Saint Louis? I just saw the score and never saw any of that game. That score was a shocker.

It sounds like Michigan had a huge home court advantage vs VCU, alot like what Louisville had vs Col. State. FWIW I am taking Louisville to win this tournament. They are very impressive.

Temple giving Indiana a battle right now.

Go LaSalle.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    Saint Louis seemed up tight to me and never got their rhythm. VCU ran into a freight train just like we did when we played VCU. If UM plays like that in each game they will be national champions. I for one thought VCU and SLU would have done far better. Fortunately LaSalle, Butler and Temple played well.