NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Anybody just see that FGCU alley oop? It was better than the one they had against GTown.

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Go Florida Gulf Coast!! Up 10 with 7 left. :cool:

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Congrats to LaSalle

4. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    I was at the game at the Sprint Center. LaSalle was fun to watch and we had to educate the folks sitting by us about them because obviously Big 12 people are only focused on Big 12 teams. LaSalle band could use some work though.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    This is the strangest Big Dance that I can ever remember. For crying out loud FGC lost to teams like Mercer, Maine, East Tenn. State, Lipscom, Stetson!

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    Goodman and Parrish say Norwood Teague (Minnesota's AD) will take a shot at Buzz Williams after Shaka. I would give Minnesota a generous 3% chance of landing Shaka and a 20% chance of landing Williams. I think that may be a little generous but apparently Teague has a relationship with Buzz, Williams wasn't happy w the Marquette AD (suspended him for a game and he didn't hire him), and Minnesota is supposed to be updating their facilities... but Minnesota still is Minnesota

link

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    Oh by the way, Buzz is also predicted to be looked at for the UCLA job by the CBS guys...

[​IMG]

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,306
    Buzz won't leave until the Texas job opens up. He's got a sweet gig up here and isn't going to mess with that until he can go back to Texas.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jeff Borzello?@jeffborzello41m
    After fielding five questions about comparisons to FGCU, La Salle's Ramon Galloway says: "How can you not want to watch Ramon Galloway?"

Jeff Borzello?@jeffborzello53m
    Big man Steve Zack is cleared to play for La Salle, John Giannini just said. "That dramatically changes things

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Marquette just worked Miami. That was a pitiful Sweet Sixteen game. I was a little leery of Miami as a 2 seed. Watched Indiana State beat their ass earlier this year. NCAA selection committee screwed the pooch on that seeding.

Marquette is going to be tough to beat. Blue and Wilson playing well offensively. They have depth. Their only weakness is their outside shooting and they seem to be knocking enough shots down so it doesn't hurt them. If they play Syracuse and that zone, that will be a real test for their outside shooting. I just looked at the reg season meeting between Mar-Syr and get this. Marquette shot 35 FTs vs Syr shooting 7. 22 fouls called on Syr and 10 on Mar. Needless to say that game was at Marquette. Gardner lived at the line. 12-13 and scored 26 pts. Mar shot only 5-21 from 3.

Needless to say I think Syracuse beats Indiana tonite. Could be wrong, but Indiana just strikes me as a team that will crumble under the pressure. Almost did already vs Temple.

11. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    I had a feeling whoever won the Butler-Marquette game would beat Miami. They can't handle physical, bruising teams. Hopefully the Marquette we've seen the past 2 games will show up against IU if that's the matchup.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    In 2010 Butler set a ton of high ball screens vs that Syracuse zone and Shelvin got some really good looks from the elbow. Lets see what kind of coach Crean is.....[hr]
    Ohio State with a dagger 3. Wow.

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,069
    Well, if coaching is going to be the deciding factor...

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Did you just hear what Raftery said? "I would set some high ball screens against this zone."

Crean is so bad. He's going down in flames tonite. IU nation's reaction is going to be interesting. Peegs will be a circus.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    All the accolades about Miami! They were weak on both ends of the floor. Their pressure defense was a mess. VCU or Louisville could beat Miami by 50. Now watching IU-Cuse. I don't think IU as a team has improved much since the Butler game. Great recruiter, great blue blood basketball history and poor game prep and game coach. Marquette has good chance to go to the Final Four. If only.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    LaSalle's in a lot of trouble early.....

17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,069
    This is why I said I thought Butler could go to the final four. Marquette probably would have been the toughest game. If only one more play...

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    Or if Marquette shot it's usual percentage from threes.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jim Boeheim factor may be kicking in....another horrible coach. Indiana creeping back in this. It might have been better if Boeheim just skipped the halftime speech. [hr]
    Hulls checking Southerland in the post. Crean is just brilliant. SMH.

On a sidenote. I have never understood what people see in Hollowell. A corpse has more intensity than that kid.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Indiana getting their heads handed to them....[hr]
    Tom Crean really should have reviewed the 2010 Butler/Syracuse game. What an idiot. This has been a horrible game plan on offense by Indiana. So predictable though.....I am really much more worried about Brad ending up down in Bloomington someday. The IU fans are going to turn on Crean quickly after this crash and burn.