NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 17, 2013.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    Not only was the foul situation messed up but the timeout usage was messed up also. If you need to foul, your best player has 4 fouls, and you have 3 timeouts, you have to sub him out for fouling purposes then use a timeout to get him back in on offense. The only reasonable excuse I've heard is the raised court prevented the assistants from notifying Beilein, but they play in the Barn every season + their semifinal, sweet 16, and elite 8 games were on raised courts...

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    Didn't know where to put this other than to celebrate a game played in the NCAA tournament in 1966. Sorry it isn't related to Butler.

In 2016 UTEP ( formerly Texas Western) is going to play Kentucky on Martin Luther King Day sixty years after that amazing event.

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $93
    50 years, but still a nice event. Can pretty much guarantee that Kentucky's not losing that game.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    I meant to hit the"5" key. That doesn't mean anything other than I hit the wrong key.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $93
    Not sure if this is a joke or if you just have a different keyboard since you typed out the word sixty, but it's not really important. Still should be neat, and it's important to remember history.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    McCaffery tells players to shut down Twitter
    http://thegazette.com/2014/02/24/mccaffery-tells-players-to-shut-down-twitter/

“What I’ve done is I’ve told all the players to shut down their Twitter accounts until the season is over,” McCaffery said. “They’re not going to be on Twitter, they’re not going to be tweeting or getting tweets, and I think that’s probably the smartest thing to do. Focus on these last few games and the Big Ten Tournament and go from there. Then when the season’s over, they can all put it back up.”

------

Interesting article about the distraction social can be on a team trying to get into the dance.