NCAA Tourney 2020

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Mar 9, 2020.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,261
    Hell yeah, but when you’re 22/23 and have never had your own money it’s also hard to turn down 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,045
    Makes 100% sense for spring sports.

Let’s see about winter. Not sure it makes sense as much as I would love to have KB/Sean for another year.

godogs91 and NCJon like this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    Can’t imagine a scenario where either would come back. Sean is getting married this summer and has been at Butler five years. Both can have fun and make good money in Europe. Of course moving to Europe now is out of the question.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    Just read an article from Norlander that they had a contigency plan for a 16 team/5 day tourney in Atlanta. All at large, no auto qualifiers.

It would have been at least something, although I'd guess we wouldn't be in.

5. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $404
    2xDawg, #60, tyrin101 and 3 others like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,295
    Too painful to look at

joliebeth23 likes this.
  7. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
  8. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
    No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 4 Butler
    Friday, March 27 — 7:29 p.m. ET — Houston, Texas
    TBS/Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Dana Jacobson

Speaking of drama, this one could go down as the game of the tournament. Butler led by seven with 1:29 remaining before top-seeded Kansas drilled a 3-pointer and then got another quick bucket to bring the Jayhawks within two. On the following possession, Bryce Nze turned the ball over and Devon Dotson finished in the lane to tie it up at 73. With 12.7 seconds remaining, Butler gave it to Kamar Baldwin, who ran an isolation play and knocked down a picturesque mid-range jumper at the horn. The Bulldogs knock off Kansas in one of the best finishes in March Madness history. Butler 75, Kansas 73

https://heatcheckcbb.com/2020/03/13...urnament-bracket-results-highlights-and-more/

bwesson15, 2xDawg, DawgFan and 5 others like this.
  9. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,238
    Should we raise a hypothetical banner?! This simulation liked the Dawgs. Damn

2xDawg likes this.
  10. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,060
    Watching Kansas some this year, that’s a nightmare matchup. Unless there’s foul trouble on Azubuike, we lose this game by 10 at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,415
    Could you imagine the meltdown we’d be having if we had maintained our form when we ranked 5th in the polls?

I am impressed by how It seems the team is handling it. Sean’s first tweets after his self imposed hiatus from social media were very mature.

Again I’d be surprised if the NCAA gives seniors the option for a gap year. I do think they pulled the trigger on canceling too quick. A suspension for a couple of weeks would have been smarter I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,086
    I agree with this...but then I was talking to a couple friends and we dove deeper-there has to be something more. The biggest sporting events for the week and then the year didn't get canceled because (at the time) 40ish people were dead and 2000 infected. People die all the time. Someone just died right now as I'm typing. Old people die. Whoopty doo. It happens. Cycle of life. And it sucks this was ripped from the players' hands and obviously sucks for the fans.

But...we then moved to this-What don't we know? What are we not privy to? There has to be more, right? There just has to be. And our concerns grew...in a 24 hour period all major sports leagues, all conferences and the NCAA stopped everything. That is literally billions of dollars being left on the table. We are a capitalist society. This doesn't happen here. It just doesn't. So why did it? There is another shoe to drop and I'm not sure what that is but all this stuff seemed a little premature to cancel, but they did falling like dominoes. This call didn't come from the NCAA or commisioners...it came from somewhere bigger. It came from the top. There is something more out there it seems. Something that probably scares the pants off everyone and would cause pure panic.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,295
    I would suspect there is going to be a baby boom in the next 9-12 months. Obesity is going to explode. There will be more domestic fights but less mass shootings. School shootings will certainly take a vacation. South Chicago may look less like a war zone. Net Flix subscriptions will explode as will telephone sex. Cancellation of TV sports programming will grow. People might discover books again. Those who do manicures, facials and massages are in trouble.

14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,601
  15. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $743
    At 40% Obesity Rate in USA, obesity has already exploded. If you are in the Fast Food Industry things are looking up with 60% of the market still untapped.

Insane Dawg and estar20dawg like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,086
    Saw this on the twitterz...there is a KB moment. I guess that's all we got.

ButlerNut likes this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    This makes me so sad

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

ButlerNut likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,295
    I don’t have the capability of posting but there is a video produced by a college student titled One Shining Moment 2020 using clips from the regular season. I cried. This is beyond sad. I can’t hate. It’s on youtube.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    ButlerNut likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,086
    I know. When I saw it I didn't want to watch it. But couldn't help myself. GRRRRRRR. It's awesome...but rips you apart.

ButlerNut likes this.
  20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    Glad to see a Josh Speidel included!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.