NCAA Tourney 2020

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,828
    Wish I had the technical skills to create a dedicated One Shining Moment video with only highlights from the Butler Bulldogs season up to KB’s last shot? That to me would be quite the gift for these kids and coaches.

2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
  3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,963
    Sounds like our own Matt Michel could be working on that according to twitterz.

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,038
    Is it Fall yet?

DawgFan, 2xDawg and ButlerNut like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Someone did acOne Shining Moment for Baylor. Butler is in it.

ButlerNut likes this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,789
    Today was supposed to be an amazing day. Hearing Butler as a 5 seed (maybe 4). Setting up threads about tournament opponents. Relishing in the chance for this team to keep winning and keep playing.

I am beyond sad. BUT...no matter how down I feel, it has to be 1000000x worse for the seniors and the team to have this shot ripped from them.

Beyond words. So I raise a glass to the tournament that could have been. And as always...

GO DAWGS!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23, BoyGeoff, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Butler’s 2020 zone Shining Moment is on Youtube!

8. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,789
  9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,174
    I feel 100 times better than fans of SDSU or Dayton certainly feel.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Shark, MIBulldog and NCJon like this.
  10. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
    I’m bored, a little sad, and perhaps somewhat depressed. I look forward to this week all year long, especially when I believe the Dawgs have a good chance of making another miraculous run at a title. This team had that kind of potential. Will miss all seniors and their contribution to The Butler Way. Looking forward to a great upcoming year and watching an overachieving team that exceeds all expectations.

So many questions go unanswered, leaving speculation and imagination to fill the void.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

joliebeth23 likes this.
  11. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
    As always, my prediction for next year is 40-0. Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgFan likes this.
  12. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,789
  13. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $396
    And ESPN does article listing all 172 teams that still had chance at NCAA Tourney and put asterisks by names of teams in Lunardi’s last bracket but of course one and only one error there is no asterisk by Butler, which was of course on Lunardi’s 5 seed line.

As Rodney Dangerfield said I get “No Respect”, can be applied to Butler. I know it’s a little thing and we all know we were in but normal person (non Butler Basketball Junkie) might not.

Thanks ESPN

14. DawgFan

DawgFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $436

That joyous celebration seems like it happened in another lifetime. Couldn't watch all of it. Just breaks my heart.

We will get through this, friends. Tell your loved ones you love them. And I am going to pray.

How sweet will it be to see the team run out on the floor in November? Just 8 months...

15. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $166
    Wonderful!!

tlp63 likes this.
  16. jservizzi

jservizzi New Member

Money:
    $22

Matt’s version

17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,109
  18. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,789
    Great work! But even in Matt's version, there isn't a jump ball that Butler won! LOL

Insane Dawg, Shimmy, Shark and 2 others like this.
  19. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $836
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but if you have 20 minutes (which I suspect many of us do now) I recommend this recent YT video below from a former coach who breaks down Butler's first title game. Basically, he shows in detail how badly Brad out-coached Coach K, particularly with his offensive sets. He also streams in Shelvin from Israel (didn't know he's playing there now) to provide his commentary on some of the double ball screen and other sets Butler was running in that game.

Again, I found it fascinating how he shows how advanced Stevens' offensive sets were and how primitive Coach K's were. And also for our ref bashers on the forum, he points out some horrible calls that went against the Dawgs in this game.

Bottom line: It is a good watch.

2xDawg, ButlerNut, DawgsMD and 2 others like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    I remember at the time Danny Ainge was quoted as telling a colleague while at the game Duke- Butler game that they were watching the best basketball coach in America at any level or something to that effect. His colleague said somethinge like yes Coach K was indeed the best. Ainge clarified by saying he meant Brad Stevens. Fast forward to Las Vegas and Butler is playing a Thanksgiving tournament and I’m standing in line at the call window to pick up my ticket and who walks up right behind me to get his ticket was Danny Ainge. I had a clumsy small chat with him about hiring Brad and left saying I hope he doesn’t hire Lavall Jordan as well? He wasn’t very friendly. Can’t understand why.