New Big East

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by BUCovington93, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    And Brown. I had good laughs reading them when they were first posted. A few thoughts on Woods:
    I am hard pressed to remember a quicker more coordinated 6' 9" player who could take it coast to coast like Woods. Once he realizes he can take it his man off the dribble at will he will dominate. His year over year improvement has been stunning. If he continues to improve like he has and puts on weight and strength he will be playing in the NBA.

2. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Leave it. I love re-reading pf1's manifestos. Funny how all the Butler "fans" disappear when the season starts and the program hasn't completely gone in the ****ter. Today is a perfect example of why this program is still thriving and why Brandon Miller was the right choice. That team went to battle for each other plain and simple and while that loss stung, there was nothing but heart on that floor. That starts with the coach and I think we have a damn good one.

3. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Not sure we will hear from those two guys until next June if ever.

4. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    No doubt you are correct

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,109
    It is kinda strange it's been real quiet in regards to certian posters the last couple weeks. The "HAHAHA!! I told you so!" posts don't seem to be happening. I wonder why...

But don't lump one with the other. One is a very good Butler fan who has reservations about some things. The other is out only to rip Butler in every regard possible and 100% wrong with predictions. Yet speaks as if he is a ****ing wizard.

They aren't near the same.

6. InTheDawgHouse

InTheDawgHouse New Member

Money:
    $5
  7. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    I did exactly that, after joining the board just this week. My nomination for best post is the one where Title suggests that Butler should mothball Hinkle and lease Banker's Life.

Title does deserve credit for essentially predicting the whole Big East break-up a few years back and Butler's resulting opportunity after the split. But mind-numbing probably isn't a strong enough term to describe some of the stuff he posts.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Is Title still on this board?

9. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    I don't think he's posted since November 1st.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Exiled or in hiding?

11. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,574
    I think the changes that the NCAA approved today is going to have a huge impact on the direction that HS recruits take in choosing their schools to play at. If anything, it strengthens the justification for the approach that Butler takes in recruiting and in embracing a culture and "system" because without something different, what the hell do you have. Teams that aren't a part of the Big 5, and the money their TV contracts, and Football bring in won't be able to offer the financial incentives and other wide range of bennefits that these schools want to be able to provide to set themselves apart.

Certain people around here think that Butler needs to play more like the big boys... well, that ship has sailed in my opinion, and we might as well embrace what we do, because its not going to bode well to try to keep up with the Jonses in certain ways anymore.

Possibly overreacting, and underestimating where the BigEast falls in the hierarchy these days, but I just don't see these changes ending well for anyone other than the big Football/ TV money schools...

12. But61ler

But61ler Member

Money:
    $44

13. But61ler

But61ler Member

Money:
    $44
    I believe the NCAA decision for the 5 power onferences will open up lawsuits against the NCAA.

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $94
    According to Stu Jackson, Senior Associate Commissioner of Men's Basketball, the Big East will match whatever policies are put into place by the Power 5 for Men's and Women's basketball. My immediate guess is for other sports they probably won't.

15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $94