New Blue Uniforms

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Mad_Dawg 48, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Member VIP Member

Money:
    $98
  2. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    Love the new blue unis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg and nindiana like this.
  3. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539

Are these alternates, or did we finally replace the road blacks with navy blue?

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    What a funny coincidence about the new road unis. I was reading Woods’ story today about some overlooked pieces of Butler history and one of the photos was of Brandon Polk in his playing days. Looked like he was wearing dark blue instead of black; I had no idea we’d worn blue that recently. Unless my eyes are that bad/there was a special jersey for that particular game?

I’ve always wanted to go dark blue instead of black (I have an irrational disdain for teams who wear black/any other color jerseys when it isn’t one of their colors.) I’ll say, however, I’m not loving these, especially how much white piping there is, particularly on the back above the name. I’m picky, though.

Love the overall decision to go dark blue. Can’t wait for the season to start!

bmradio99 likes this.
  5. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    The team wore Blue for road jerseys during the mid 2000s. Unfortunately they were all pretty bad years.

UDDawg likes this.
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I might be alone on this, but I wish the team would settle on a style and stick with it. It seems like they completely change the jerseys each season. There’s just something iconic when a team has a consistent jersey or style year-in and year-out.

Having said that, I would LOVE for Butler to wear throwback jerseys from the Cornette/Archey days at least once a year. Those are my favorite jerseys that Butler has ever had. Though, I’m sure there are Nike/contractual reasons that this isn’t possible.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    Couldn’t disagree more. Look how much fun the guys are having in these pictures. We should have a new alternate every season.

SpartanDawgs and Irishdawg like this.
  8. nindiana

nindiana Member

Money:
    $122
    Love the blues for road games, and hope we stick to it. The black for blacks sake uniform trend was a late 90s early 00s thing. Use our school colors and keep it simple. Wouldn’t mind seeing a throwback set mixed in a couple times a year, similar to what Villanova and Xavier does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    To each his own. And I'd love to have a new third/alternate jersey each year. But it would be nice to have some consistency with the "main" home & away jerseys.

But as long as the players are happy and Butler keeps making the tournament I really don't care what they wear.

nindiana likes this.
  10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    You do realize that "throwbacks" only exist because the team has changed jerseys over the years...

fdr, DawgsMD and bmradio99 like this.
  11. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,161
    I think we should have two home unis(white & gray) and two road unis(blue & black).

12. nindiana

nindiana Member

Money:
    $122
    I am fully aware of what a throwback jersey is. Not sure how that connects to anything about what I said though. Obviously designs will change over time. But I hope they stick to White/Home and Blue/Road as their primary looks going forward.

13. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Kill the gray jerseys with fire.

14. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,414
    The white shoulder stripe that extends below the neck looks weird as hell. I wonder if that's a Nike template thing or if we're going to be the only goofballs wearing that this year?

I loved the road blacks, I'm good with a return to road blues, would support a road black alternate, but I think this new template is pretty bad.

seadawg, UDDawg and SpartanDawgs like this.
  15. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    It's confirmed the navy blue are alternates, we still have the road blacks.

16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    I for one am glad they have gone back to the traditional blue, long overdue, never cared for the black or alternate uniforms. Nine days till action.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,046
    Bummer. Let's be real: the only reason many tolerate the road blacks is because of the fond memories of the 2010-2011 tournament runs. In reality, they're ugly as sin. I'd love for these blues to be the mainstay road jerseys. I think they're great.

BU_NeonHat, huss587, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  18. Dogweed

Dogweed Member

Money:
    $108
    According to Brad, black unis give you an advantage. That advantage being you look tougher in black. Just like the reason the Raiders, Steelers and Bengals get more penalties every year because refs think they are badasses.

19. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    I'm pretty sure the Bengals can thank Vontaze Burfict for their extra penalties, and both the Steelers and Bengals could do the same with James Harrison while he was around. As far as the Raiders go...well, they are just plain bad.

estar20dawg likes this.
  20. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    So are Butler’s normal road uniform still black? Not a huge fan of the blue ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app