New Uniforms For 2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jschutt23, Apr 3, 2022.

1. jschutt23

jschutt23 New Member

Money:
    $26
    Hey everyone, like all of you I am PUMPED about the hiring of Thad! I can’t help but wonder if we are line for new uniforms for next season. I for one would LOVE to see an alternate uniform make an appearance again (possibly blue?). What’s all your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerProf, BigHoss and BoyGeoff like this.
  2. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    I’d still love to see a Butler have some sort of throwback uniform. One based on the early 2000’s style could be awesome.

dawgs2014 and jschutt23 like this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    Yes! I've been begging for these for awhile.

jschutt23 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Or this lil beauty.

Attached Files:

ButlerProf, jschutt23, NCJon and 5 others like this.
  5. boalsdawg

boalsdawg Member

This is a great idea “DawgPoundMac”. For those of you who don’t know, and I’m sure there’s quite a few of you who don’t, there is a local Indianapolis based sports apparel company called 19Nine. They have done some neato “retro” Butler stuff over the years, shorts included.

https://19nine.com/collections/butler-bulldogs/products/butler-bulldogs-1999-2000

Hopefully one day they will restock these shorts, because since graduating from Butler in 2012, I have gained a few extra pounds around my waist, and upper gooch area. The “COVID 15” isn’t doing me any favors either! What used to be a loose fitting Medium, well, you know how that story goes.

To coincide with Thad Matta’s return, it would be an excellent idea for an alternate “throwback” third uniform. Hopefully the movers and shakers at Butler read this topic. As a new poster, does anyone know if employees in the athletic department or other departments read this message board? I haven’t heard anyone make the “throwback” suggestion before, and I have to say, is an excellent idea, and one I am fully behind. But we need to make sure not to go too short on the shorts, or there could be a Dale Davis type issue. I’m sure everyone remembers hearing that rumor floating around in the 1990’s, hahahahahahaha ;)

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,845
    You have a FUPA?

7. jschutt23

jschutt23 New Member

Money:
    $26
    To the people who want throwbacks, I recommend going with a design I saw @designs_rl make on Twitter a few years ago. Feast your eyes on this beauty IMG_2746.JPG

8. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,189
    Yes, 100%. Was thinking about this earlier today at work. A fresh start with Thad, and I think we need a fresh "look" on the court. Something throwback-y, simple, and clean. Utilize Navy more.

9. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $258
    Light blue jersey with navy numerals and white trim.

joliebeth23, ButlerProf and jschutt23 like this.
  10. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    god love ya! Throwback to the 2000’s. Every Butler era is an awesome era. I like navy. Never understood black - just not a legit school color. Royal blue had its era. I’m good with that. Some combo of royal, navy, white, and gray. GO DAWGS!

DawgPoundMac and BigHoss like this.
  11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    [​IMG]

When did we change to this one and the blue opposite, road jerseys?
    It seemed like Nike used to design us a new uniform every 2 to 3 seasons, but since Covid, wtf knows. Not playing in the PK85 next season, probably doesn’t help us get new threads.

12. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,367
    I just hope the damn things stay tucked in.

13. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

PK85 has nothing to do with new uniforms. Butler got new uniforms for that tourney, but only wore them one other time after the tourney in either the NCAA tourney or Big East tourney.

14. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Need to have these uniforms full time.

15. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    Very 2001.

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    I think doing these in navy would be awesome. Homage to that jersey (which is awesome) but I think it could pop with a blue base

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

jschutt23 and BigHoss like this.
  17. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,189
    Here's what I think I'd like to see:

For the overall design, I'd be cool with the '01 look that's shown above. OR go with an updated version of the '10/'11 uniforms with the same font style and overall look, tweaked to fit a modern uniform - most of America probably associates those uniforms with success.

White (standard home uniform)

Navy (standard road uniform)

Black (reserved for big games, a la Notre Dame's green jerseys).
    Only reason I say keep black as a big game option is because of the history we have wearing those through our NCAA tournament runs. Call them the "Black Magic" uniforms.

A throwback option for a couple games a year.
    Call them the "Bobby Plump Throwbacks" as seen below:
    download (2).jpeg

ButlerProf, jschutt23 and troggy like this.
  18. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    I doubt that any of this happens but the 2001 look would be interesting since that's the year Thad Matta was head coach and Butler got its first tournament win in nearly 40 years.

Otherwise, I vote for the 1974 uniforms as a throwback.

[​IMG]

Old Dawg, SchlabbaDawg and ButlerProf like this.
  19. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,740
    I would also vote for a throwback type of uniform for some of our games.

ButlerProf likes this.
  20. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,918
    Vertical stripes will make us look taller and intimidate the opponent ;)

troggy and seadawg like this.