New Uniforms For 2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jschutt23, Apr 3, 2022.

1. tcdtcd

tcdtcd Member

Money:
    $82
    I was at Starbucks last week and saw a person in one of these…..who shouldn’t have been in one of these. If ya know what I mean. I almost spit up my egg white bites and coffee.

2. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Much prefer blue.

3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    These are the jersey's the nation remembers Butler as...I think a fauxback dark blue version of this would be great.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    Yeah, incorporate modern design/look with throw back elements. Retention of that identity with simultaneously developing a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Chris Denari on air describing “Road Black with white and silver trim” will always be poetry to me. Those teams were true road warriors.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    But they were road warriors in non school colors. I think one thing Thad has given us that we never really had under Lavall (maybe 2020 season?) was a LOT of pride to be fans.

If we’re gonna celebrate the school in school colors and a style that pays homage to the best of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    TM's 1st team at BU wore black on the road...

BUcheer likes this.
  8. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,015
    In a vacuum I'd like navy better, but there is just soooooo much of it around the country and in the Big East (UConn, Georgetown, Marquette, Nova, X).

I think if I had my way I'd like the FF4 team jersey's in a more modern cut and additional navy trim/side panels/etc to help it pop a little bit

ButlerProf likes this.
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    The years leading up to the FF runs allowed ‘10 and ‘11 to happen. Those players had huge chips on their shoulders and weren’t afraid of anyone. I long for the days when it wasn’t acceptable to think losing on the road is expected or OK.

godogs91 and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,367
    I'm back and forth about the '10-'11 jerseys. On one hand, I'm really happy that Butler finally has a uniform typeface across the university and athletics. So yes, while the teams were fantastic 11 years ago, the athletics branding was all over the place. We don't need to sow more confusion around the typeface and logo unless it's clearly a throwback. And I'm all for the once-or-twice a year throwback.

(As a good case study in brand logo management: Creighton updated their logo (2013) right before Butler did theirs (2015). You almost never see a recruit or casual fan using the old "Jays" logo, but you see the indented BUTLER logo all the time.)

On the other hand, the current typeface is short and wide, which is terrible for athletics uniforms, where tall and narrow look best. So perhaps a permanent change is merited, but that's a LOT of messing with the brand.

NCJon likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    Now that this trivial business about recruiting is coming to an end, it's time to discuss the truly important issue of new uniforms.

jschutt23 likes this.
  12. NCDog

NCDog Member

Money:
    $65
    Ok so I’ll repeat my vote against the light blue with pinstripes from the 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BulldogsFTW, jschutt23 and tlp63 like this.
  13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $951
    Count me as a vote to keep the basic jerseys as is, but add a navy colorway. Maybe a throwback to 2010 and 2011 in a modern cut would be nice as an alternate jersey.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg likes this.
  14. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,015
    It's funny that the pinstripes got brought up again because I was thinking the other day how some of my favorite bball jerseys were pinstriped:

Late 90's/early 00's Pacers
    Shaq and Penny era Magic
    Jordan Bulls alternates

Definitely wouldn't mind something like that with some Butler flair mixed in

ButlerProf likes this.
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    I'd suggest polka dots would add that elegant flair...

NCJon likes this.
  16. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    [​IMG]

NCJon likes this.
  17. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,183
    Much better than polka dots.....
    Evansville Purple Aces....Vintage mid-60's. (Larry Humes' and Jerry Sloan's teams...they were really, really good. Undefeated D2 National Champs in 1965.)
    "Sleeved" jerseys....really rare for the day. But best of all .... warmup and bench full length robes. Choose your color.....purple or gold. Not some dull fabric. But satin flashy. Quite the look. They were cocky as hell too.
    See the robes in this photo. Just lengthen the shorts to today's standards and ????????
    upload_2022-5-5_9-45-20.png

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    shoeevv likes this.
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    As I recall the robes were all different colors. All of which were lost in a tragedy.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  19. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638
    Can someone remind me again, is this something that's actually happening? Are we supposedly getting new uniforms for next season?

I'm more partial to the jersey designs that dominated the 90s wear almost all uniforms had striped edges on the shoulder and collar to give contrast to the color scheme. Other than that, I'm fine with whatever, just as long as they don't look like this again-

6F2B3A78-2623-415D-84FA-26CD4F3163C0.jpeg

seadawg likes this.
  20. BUBandGeek

BUBandGeek Active Member

Money:
    $103
    I'm pretty sure it's just board members speculating/wishing for a change.

seadawg likes this.