New Uniforms For 2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jschutt23, Apr 3, 2022.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Hard to keep enthusiasm on the down low, when there is an opportunity to be sarcastic. We can all be 100% assured that uniforms will have a different flavor next season.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    I will say it seems to make as much sense as ever to redesign considering it seems like this is a potential pivot point/relaunch of butler basketball.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

3. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Zero digs at you BulldogsFTW. Serious question: what’s a reasonable time frame for anything, something, e.g. uniforms to be “throwbacks?” Along the same lines, how much time = “back in the day?” Seems to me a decade +/- is too soon for throwback status.

4. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    I was at Butler that year. RIP. We had mens and womens doubleheaders with Evansville in that era. Quite the progressive venture. Those mens sleeved tops were around for quite some time; kind of a brand signature. I don’t recall the robes for whatever reason.

5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $951
    No offense taken. Those years were my Junior and Senior years on campus, so obviously being a 33 year old adult with 3 kids that seems like an eternity ago.

6. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    Evansville definitely had the sleeved tops well into the 90s, if not longer.

godogs91 and ButlerProf like this.
  7. NCDog

NCDog Member

Money:
    $65
    It wasn’t the pinstripes that made it bad, it was the odd shade of blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    Prior to the plane crash the Aces wore orange road uniforms with purple trim. Afterward the Aces wore purple on the road. The robes I was told were made genuine silk?

9. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    After a search I found a Mark Montieth story in IBJ on the rainbow robes which were retired in 77 at the same time with McCutchan. The robes were made of satin. McCutchan felt they could be removed quicker than other warmups when a player went in. It is an interesting story. Billy Shepherd said they looked like Easter eggs...LOL

NCJon and ButlerProf like this.
  10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    I thoroughly enjoyed this subthread about the robes. I would get a kick out of seeing a team wear some boxer-style warm-up robes.

Hinkle likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,935
    To be clear, the robes were only by players on the bench, as the Aces had conventional warmups shirts prior to the game. The article said once when the Aces visited St. Joe, the student body wore bath robes to the game. Larry Humes said opposing never said anything about the robes because they were usually getting their asses kicked during the game. LOL Evansville won 14 ICC championships under McCutchan.

12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    They’ll never admit it, Some may even fight it, but this could be an inflection point for Butler *University*.

We ****ing matter again.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. Westside Dawg

Westside Dawg New Member

Money:
    $30
    I miss the days of Chris Denari. Virtually no games were televised (until they started doing those poor-quality webstreams) and Denari was a delight to listen to. Pretty amazing how lucky we were to have Denari and then later have Gaudin - both top-notch in their profession.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. jservizzi

jservizzi New Member

Money:
    $33
    Those webcasts were the worst... Wonder whatever happened to those folks?

BUBandGeek, wazthree and bmradio99 like this.
  15. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

I know would have much rather just watched the box score update every ten minutes on espn.com from Cincinnati /s

thanks JS, you were a pioneer in the streaming industry and I think things turned out pretty good for you!!

16. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $941
    Agreed - John is the dude... especially since he gave me an A in video production