New Uniforms For 2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jschutt23, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,803
    It was probably too much to ask them to try something really different. With everything that's happened over the last 5 months, it honestly feels like a new beginning for this program, so why not embrace that by creating a new look for the jerseys as well? I maybe in the minority here, but I seriously wouldn't mind seeing something similar to Villanova or Michigan's scheme with all solid colors and double striped edges around the shoulder sleeve and shorts. It's not flashy, but it has that old school, iconic flare to it.

7263923F-FCEA-4968-99C7-18077B6D5AC7.jpeg 340EE133-4DA7-4648-8694-FE063A9B9273.jpeg

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,204
    While most of us are focused on the product on the court, these minor tweaks are pretty disappointing...

3. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,414
    Lmao they’re the same exact ones, aren’t they?

Did they really go put a Nike box at center court to reveal the exact same uniforms as last year (minus the black set)

bmradio99 and seadawg like this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,384
    At least the video production is good. That’s moving in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

mwall787, troggy, #60 and 3 others like this.
  5. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    These look like generic stock jerseys that Nike produces for everyone.

6. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,384
    Lmao at them doubling down on the “yeah we totally got new unis” on insta

7. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,618
    This is like the holidays when you have to pretend to be excited about the present your parents bought you......generic EarPods instead of AirPods

dawgs2014 and jkcdawgs like this.
  8. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    Could easily reverse this "meh" new uniform announcement (it really was kind of lame) into a gigantic "YES" if Bubby's bench robe design is a part of the new uniform. It's not too late! We can only hope. Not.

9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,384

If you have a cheeseburger and then put a pickle on it, you haven’t created a new sandwich. That’s effectively what they are doing.

The Blue Unis are nice. That’s why I bought a replica one in like 2019 when we first had them.

Getting rid of the black ones and a couple detailings doesn’t change that this is still what we’ve had before.

10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,503
    If they win at a high level, I'll think they're the best things I've ever seen. I'll really like how they look when we are the spotlighted game on Fox more frequently because we're relevant.

I have enjoyed the video content from practices they've been putting out.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen, 2xDawg, seadawg and 2 others like this.
  11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Where are you seeing video content from practices?
    Thanks!

12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,503
    Butlermbb on Instagram. I don't follow much on IG, but this is where I have been seeing some video clips from practice, etc.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff likes this.
  13. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    Of course in the big picture it doesn't matter all that much. The important thing is winning. Still, after the past 4 or 5 years of arguably self-imposed program damage, here was an opportunity to make a statement about a new coach and a new beginning for Butler basketball. New uniform design kinda seems appropriate, or at least a good idea, for the turnaround. Oh well. File it in the head scratcher file along with no printed pocket schedules or programs at the games. Understand it's the digital age, but would think it might be easy to find some retailer or company to bear the costs for at least the schedules. Bet a few liquor stores or bars or restaurants or sporting goods stores would happily distribute. God forbid, something more to possibly generate some single game ticket sales, and at no appreciable cost.

ButlerProf and seadawg like this.
  14. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    I'm not sure what people were expecting. Those 1976 replicas aren't happening.

15. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,022
    I’d like to see us have 4 uniforms:

Home- white(primary)
    gray(alternate)

Road- navy(primary)
    black(alternate)

tcdtcd and Hinkle like this.
  16. cillianburns

cillianburns New Member

Money:
    $12
    Shouldn't they try a more viable color scheme. Don't know if they hire a designer ever