Nijel Pack - 2020 Point Guard (Kansas State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,875
    Nijel Pack
    2020 Point Guard - 5'11" 160 lbs
    Lawrence Central High School - Indianapolis, Indiana
    Indiana Elite

[​IMG]
    247 Sports Profile

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    I left the G3 game at half because it was a blowout. I’ve been watching Indiana Elite again. Nijel Pack is playing really well in this one. He just wowed the crowd with a behind the back layup to convert a contested transition bucket, although that has little to do with why I think he’s playing well. His strength here has been breaking defenders down off the dribble and getting to the rim.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    Davis just made another outstanding defensive play, cutting off dribble penetration twice by Grubbs and then elevating to block his fade away jumper. He then nullified it though by picking up a taunting technical afterwards.

Nijel Pack just knocked in his 3rd triple of the game. 3-4 maybe? He’s sparked a run by Indiana Elite to give them the lead. Now just hit his 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    Tony Perkins is having a strong showing here in this one. He’s a strong guard who has been best going to the rim but also just knocked in a 3. He’s played a big part in shutting Leal down in this one.

Pack just hit an impressive step back 3 or long 2, I couldn’t tell which. I don’t think he will be as highly coveted as Zeb Jackson or even Mike Saunders, as he doesn’t possess the same explosiveness, but I can’t deny he’s been productive against good competition here.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    The above posts were copied from my Spiece Run N Slam thread. I wasn't specifically watching for Pack, but he definitely stuck out with how productive he was. I didn't include him in my post in that thread of players I would offer, and I have a feeling I might regret not including him if I go back and review that list a year from now. I'm honestly not sure if I can give a good reason for including Leal from Indiana Elite and not Pack. Neither will impress you in the layup lines but both are fundamentally sound and just flat out produce. Nijel was a marksman from deep and managed the game extremely well from the point. I don't have stats from the games but it seemed like he distributed the ball well while rarely turning it over. He's definitely on my radar moving forward, especially since it's shaping up for PG to be the top priority for his class.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875

#60 likes this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    He heard from Ball State, IUPUI, Miami of Ohio, and Holy Cross. I’m a little surprised there weren’t more schools calling him.

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  10. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $69
    At the Center Grove LC game tonight and Pack is playing a phenomenal game. Took Trayce Jackson Davis to rim one on one and finished and the foul. Looks great on defense too. Really active hands. Has 13 at half

Sidd Finch likes this.
  11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,786
    The more I look at film on him, the more I really like him. He reminds me of a smaller, poor man's righty Jalen Brunson. If he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be a top 25 in the nation player

bicknob likes this.
  12. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $69
    Finished with 23 in an LC win

Here’s the play on TJD

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Sidd Finch likes this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637
  17. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,786
    @Jared Grubbs Just cause you've seen him play or anyone else who has seen Nijel Pack in person play this year, what's your take on him. I personally love everything he does, can he run a Big East team though in your opinion? And is he someone who can step into a role as a freshman? I've gone back and forth on him, I really want him to he can't be the only PG we get if we take him.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,875
    I haven’t seen him since last AAU season. He’s absolutely worth monitoring. I kind of pegged him as a multi year mid major starter. He’s very crafty, but lacks the speed I’d like to see from a PG of his size. I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the jump to being a solid HM recruit, but expecting him to have a significant role as a freshman in the Big East seems aggressive at this point.

estar20dawg likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,786
    Gotcha, yea, Iowa has been all over him from the start. He seems highly intelligent, a winner, a leader with a chip on his shoulder, just don't know how he'd do with a 6'5 athletic guard on him, like a Symir Torrence

Thanks!

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,314
    I hope to hear that we took a long, long look at Pack and Powell from the Heat this weekend... followed up by hopefully some action later

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019