Nijel Pack - 2020 Point Guard (Kansas State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    I may have been off about Nijel Pack last summer (I said I was interested to follow him but at the time predicted he would be a good mid major player). 22 points and 5 assists against Boo Williams, one of the early favorites to win the EYBL this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    My god was he impressive. By far the best player on the court for Indy Heat. I want so bad him and Vescovi

Hinkle Nation and BURph92 like this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $748
    Offers coming in 3, 2, 1....

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    He told me today that Butler is recruiting him and trying to get him on campus for a visit. We kind of assumed Butler was still interested but I wanted to confirm it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I gotta think an offer comes after this weekend.

9. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    I know he is doing well. Does he have the size and athleticism or is he just that skilled?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,084
    He's sneaky athletic, great feel, very high IQ and court vision. And last but not least a cold blooded winner unafraid. Like I said before I'd he grew 3 inches he'd be top 50 easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $717
    I hope we get this kid. He has sleeper written all over him. High IQ basketball in all the highlights I watched; never seems out of control. Seems to be able to score at all three levels. Really quick pullup and crossover: an ankle breaker and sneaky athletic. It would be nice to land an Indiana recruit with alot of potential upside.

Go Dawgs!

12. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $748
    I like Pack, but there are a decent amount of talented guards in this class with more mutual interest. I think taking Pack would be a loss.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    The main concern with Pack may be on the defensive side. Other than that he appears to have all the intangibles.

14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $748
    Would rather have Saunders.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Maybe an offer won't come this weekend, he's out with a cast on his wing.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    Shimmy, bumba, Mad_Dawg 48 and 15 others like this.
  17. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347
    Fantastic, get him in here.

18. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    Did he say if he is expecting an offer or anything about how he views Butler (or other schools/visits)?

Tyler Beard has always been my preference at the PG spot, but I know several of you have raved about Pack lately. If he does get offered, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Beard has seemed to indicate for the last year or so Butler is one of his favorites, we seem to be one of the few schools making the Uruguay pg a priority, and then if the local indy pg gets offered and instantly become his best offer. Who jumps for it first?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,084
    I wouldn't exactly call us his best offer. Iowa by a lot of people is a solid team in the Big 10. And they have been on him from the beginning. They are in a great spot to get him. A lot depends on what his timeline is for when he is looking to commit.

And Vescovi is by far the best PG we are currently looking at. Wouldn't mind Beard at all as he can play off ball in a combo role. But Vescovi is the game changer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/...tral-guard-nijel-pack-talks-big-eybl-weekend/

Interview where he talks recent recruiting. Also highlight video included. Has a good stroke, LOVE his midrange game and that floater! Also said he went 16-16 on free throws over that weekend, gotta love a pg who can knock those down. Really impressive he had that type of performance (17ppg, 33 in one game) having never played EYBL before. As I said above, I really like Beard, but he almost seems like a carbon copy of AT (floor general, defense first, attacks the rim, but not much of a jump shot at point). I really like AT and think hell have a great JR year, but having to watch our offense essentially play 4 on 5 the last two years, having a pg who can stroke it like Pack does intrigues me. No high major offers yet, but seems like some will definitely come this summer if he keeps up his play. Will be interesting to see if we offer Monday.

Side note, quite a week of promising info the last week. Pack visit Monday, eugene brown's "amazing" visit, supposedly a player in the scooby Johnson recruitment, visit to Uruguay pg, final four of Adam flagler. Granted, still work to done and we havent landed anyone yet (hopefully that changes with Flager tomorrow), but just goes to show the staff isnt actually asleep at the wheel like everyone around here assumes they are. Everything I've seen from LJ and from recruits/parents/current players/etc, I've got complete confidence hes gonna land some studs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 and Hinkle Nation like this.