Nijel Pack - 2020 Point Guard (Kansas State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2018.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,685
    Harris, to me, has enough size to play the 2 but not the skill set. He’s much better with the ball in his hands. I haven’t seen *enough* of Pack to really tell yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,875
    I think Pack would be fine as a 2 guard. His size is not ideal there, but his offensive skill set is great for a combo guard. I’m not overly concerned about being small at the 2nd guard spot.

Harris would pair very nicely next to a SG like battle though. Based on an admittedly small sample size (and none of it in person) I don’t really want a ball dominant off guard next to Harris. It’s kind of the same situation we have now with Thompson and Baldwin, and I’ve already beaten to death how much I don’t like how that combo plays together.

Lukas Harkins and cornette33 like this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,150
    Pack is a point guard first and foremost. I do think he is capable of playing the 2. Does his lack of size represent a defensive liability? Is that a huge concern? Does a BU offer still exist?

4. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
  5. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $30
    Updated 2020 from 247: jumped 32 spots to 181. So underrated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,120
    Nevada offer.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,637

He would light it up at Belmont.

FriarDawg likes this.
  8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,626
    Staff did the wrong thing taking Harris over Pack.

9. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $307
    Have you seen Harris play?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Shimmy, SnoopDawg and Bulldogs260 like this.
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,377
    they aren't mutually exclusive. we have (i think?) 5 schollies in that class.

11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,286
    Four schollies left.

12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $483
    How do you know we even had 100% chance to land Pack? He's offered, he can still commit. I think Harris is going to be a great player.

Edit: I love everyone on this board!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    estar20dawg likes this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,120
    I hate red but those Belmont Unis are pretty dope.

I can't see Harris being a "great" player. He's Thompson 2.0. Solid. Now if he develops a shot, that's different.

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,377
    I know people have made this point over and over again, but Thompson is on pace to be the all-time school leader in assists. Do I wish he had an outside shot and more developed game? Yes, of course. But you don't need to be an offensive threat to be a great player. See: Draymond Green.

DawgPoundMac, Shimmy, jal8908 and 2 others like this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,150
    The simple fact is Harris pulled the trigger first. Second guessing the staff seems to be pretty SOP. I do think Thompson is one of last year's team, lesser problems.

16. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $304
    It's truly embarrassing that this sort of opinion on this board doesn't even seem outlandish. In fact, its probably not even in the deep minority. Who in Christ's name knows if Pack is better than Harris? Makes really no difference. Neither are likely difference-making guards in this league, but to honestly think someone should be BANNED because he believes that choosing one player over another is a bad idea because he struggles with the EXACT SAME THING as a maddening current player is insanity. Are you really that thin-skinned?

17. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $838
    Personally, I wish I could ban everyone with stupid opinions. I want this board to be a utopia where everyone agrees with everything I say and vice-versa!

UDDawg likes this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,786
    To say the staff made the wrong decision by taking a guy who is ranked 50 or more spots higher, playing in way tougher competition for a nationally ranked powerhouse every year on a guy who is just as gritty and tough as Pack is just flat out a wrong take. I for one am a huge fan of Pack and want him here badly and feel like these 2 can definitely coexist together. But this take that Pack is so much better than Harris is absurd.

Alcohol101 likes this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,046
    That still doesn't mean anyone should be banned though...

wazthree likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,786
    Never said anything for or against any bans. Just think that's a ridiculous statement that's all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app