Nike Tournament

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,450
    Not actually Maiui related, but similar: It's five years away, but it looks like 16 of the most prominent Nike sponsored schools have agreed to play in two tournaments in 2017 in honor of Phil Knight's 80th birthday.

The list of schools is pretty impressive and includes: Butler, Michigan State, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, UConn, Georgetown, Texas, Oklahoma, Stanford, Oregon, Xavier, Gonzaga, and Portland.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8274359/nike-schools-commit-16-team-mega-event-honor-phil-knight

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,803
    RE: Maui Invitational

I'm definitely going for that. I'm already excited about it.

3. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $30
    RE: Maui Invitational

I think I might be more excited for this than Maui... Maui will sure be a good time though. Kinda cool to see we've beaten 5 of the other 15 teams in the past few seasons. Could be up to 8 after this year with UNC and Texas as potential opponents in Maui, and Gonzaga in January.

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,803
    I thought it would be good to split this into a new thread. It's always good to be involved in high profile events like this and grouped in with these other schools.