Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    ^^^ Great analogy. Anyone with a brain (this excludes IU fans and their media apologists) knows there is something more to this. All you have to do is look at the punishment. 9 games for $150 in bumper stickers? Yeah right.

Hopefully they get what's coming to them.

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    In other IU news... I was at the Guerin - Cathedral scrimmage today and being dead honest, Collin Hartman dropped 40 maybe 45 points.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    No surprise, independent committee upholds 9 game suspensions.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2012/november/ncaa+appeals+committee+decides+iu+case

4. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,193
    @BtownBanners: Source: Indiana freshman Jeremy Hollowell's eligibility is under question from NCAA Officials. #iubb

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    RE: Recruiting Notes

I don't know anything about BTownBanners. Are they credible? Or is it just a site throwing out a reasonable guess?

6. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,193

@BtownBanners: For the record, we are not in the business of "breaking" any news. Credible information was presented to us, verified, and shared. #iubb

Not familiar with their site. I'll look into them more tomorrow.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109

I'd rather him be transferring. He will end up getting suspended for a few games and it really won't make a bit of difference.

8. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $922

Looks like Buss Patterson and Jeremy Hollowell were a package deal - both in and out of the door in Bloomington.

9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $232
  10. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644
    Normally I just stick stuff about other teams not in our conference in the Big east thread but I think it's about time we have a separate thread for this kind of stuff.

Anyway UK just lost to UCLA 87-77. They looked like crap, granted Marcus Lee left early and Ulis was injured, but still this just reassures me that there is no one dominate team. My bet is on Michigan State as number one next week.

Also, after watching this game I'm very surprised UCLA is 5-3. This is a team that made the sweet 16 last year with much of the same players, I think this W is a sign of things to come.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Both teams are soft defensively which is a trademark of Alford. Kentucky is not a top 5 team with or without Ulis. Michigan State, Duke, NC, Kansas, Nova are definitely better.

12. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Kansas, Michigan State, and Villanova are my top three in no particular order.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    As much as I hate to admit it I think Purdue deserves to be in that group of teams as well.

14. Bulldawg

Money:
    $644
    They are such a good team. We will be lucky if we can beat them.

15. Bulldawg

Money:
    $644
    Missouri State making us look good with a W at Oklahoma State. Additionally Gonzaga lost to Arizona who was without their big man. Still one has to think this may be one of the worst Arizona teams Sean has had over these last couple of years, I wonder how that will impact the Pac12 race

16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    An Iowa State beat writer suffered a compound fracture in his leg last night when students stormed the court after ISU's comeback win against Iowa.

I've got to imagine that's going to be the end of court storming. What school is going to risk the liability now that a gruesome injury many have long feared has actually happened?

http://deadspin.com/beat-writers-le...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    I've actually seen video going around that he really just bumped into someone right next to him and fell. Not necessarily caused by the storming. I do agree though that stormings overall are dumb, and especially last night. I know it's a huge rivalry game and they won in the last 10 seconds, but you're the No. 4 team in the nation and you storm the court?

18. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Yea he actually didn't get touched by a student and was helped up off the ground. I also agree that it was not a storming situation either.

19. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    Just because he wasn't trampled by the students doesn't mean it was not a "storming situation." He was injured while trying to get off the court to avoid the crush that was coming. A sportswriter isn't hurrying off the court and getting bumped into by other people hurrying to get off the court if the students weren't about to crash down on them.

20. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I meant Iowa state shouldn't have been storming the court over beating a bad team. The guy fell over and broke his leg though. Just a fluke thing. They will never stop court storming.