Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72

2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

LA-OC-IE likes this.
  4. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $199
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

Let the Creaning begin Georgia fans.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
  7. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784

Uhhhhhhh

troggy and BHayden like this.
  8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    By the way, I don't know if any of you guys watched the Champions Classic last night but everyone can quit playing this year already and just put Kansas vs Duke in a Best of 7 series because I seriously doubt barring injuries ineligibilities, those two teams look really, really good and not going to lose many...

BHayden likes this.
  9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Duke will beat anyone in the country with a best of 7 series but that's why March Madness is so fun. They're not guaranteed a championship. Don't sleep on the Zags either. Zion, Barrett, and Reddish might go 1-2-3 in the draft next year.

BHayden and estar20dawg like this.
  10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Agreed. but if you were laying down a bet right now Duke vs the field, you telling me you're take the field right now?

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    I'd sooner bet on Duke to go undefeated. If they're already playing like that in the first game of the season... Scary.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    There were a lot of buy games where D1 teams got beat last night. Wyoming, Baylor, Wichita State, George Washington, George Mason....

13. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Wichita St also lost at home to Louisiana Tech last night. I watched the final 8 minutes and the Shockers are not very good at all this year...shocking!

I've followed them a little in the offseason wanting to know how all the recruits we were looking at were doing there, the best by far so far is Jemarius Burton. He really does look like the real deal 2 way player. He'll be a good one there.

bmradio99 and BHayden like this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    I'd take a flyer on Duke going undefeated in the regular season and then the field in March Madness.

I think @Jared Grubbs should set up a wager on this. Although, now that I look, I don't see that tab anymore. Huh. Weird.

15. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,668
    I'd take the field in a heart beat. Duke looked scary good last night, but . . . that is just one game. They WILL be good, but they won't be that great consistently throughout the year or tournament. [And the Corollary to that: Kentucky will not be that bad again during the season]

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Trust me, I'm not usually one to proclaim something like that. Totally understand it was just one game and Kentucky didn't know how to react to the onslaught. Duke just looked THAT good. I hate Duke, but I'm intrigued to follow them this year to see how they react to hostile road crowds and conference play.

estar20dawg and WestLoopDog like this.
  17. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Duke is very good, but Kentucky played almost no defense.

I fully expect Duke to lose a couple of games when they play teams that are very good at defense and have a whole lot of experience. I think they will get all they can handle in both Virginia games and at Carolina.

WestLoopDog likes this.
  18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Um...Wichita State was in that list of buy games that got beat.

19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    I'm with WestLoop...

Jared...you could earn back a lot of Butler Bucks...

Duke vs. Field for NCAA Champion...

I'm betting on the field.

20. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    RJ Barrett is probably the most polished freshman I've seen in years (a decade?). He can score at all three levels and, with multiple players around him that are also threats, doubling him is going to be a matter of picking your poison. I already had high expectations for him after watching him go berserk in the U19 FIBA World Cup, but he deserves all of the hype. He is the real deal.

History tells us that going undefeated is really, really hard, and they'll have nights where shots aren't falling in hostile environments, but that opening night performance against Kentucky was incredible. And I am by no means a Duke fan.

Watching/hearing 90% of Banker's Life fall silent for 30+ minutes was pure bliss.

estar20dawg and UDDawg like this.