Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. tlp63

tlp63 Member

Money:
    $114
    Interesting: A Day in the Life: Mitch Lightfoot on FB or Twitter.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    Duke will inevitably play someone who has some basic concept of playing defense

3. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Watching Arkansas-IU...

Looks like your typical post-Knight IU squad. Turnover-prone and can’t run an offense in the half court. Bring up the usual game plan.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Problem is they can bomb from deep. Going to have to hope they're off and Butler's on the day of the Crossroads. Arkansas is a tough place to play, and they're all tied up in the final TV timeout.

5. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    No doubt. Just saying there is an obvious formula to beating this team. The TO% from this game is about to be dicey as helllllll.

EDIT: TO% was 23.7%. Woof.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    Wish we were playing Purdue instead of IU this year. Outside of Carsten Edwards they look pedestrian.

7. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916
    The #1 recruit in the 2019 class, James Wiseman, announces his college decision tomorrow night on SC. While he's down to 5, it's widely known it'll be Memphis or UK. If it's indeed Memphis (and that's where the CB is trending), it will be a big win for a former NBA player turned college coach. We know that this doesn't always work out from an on-court perspective (looking at Mullen and Ewing), but I wonder if college programs start turning towards former NBA players currently coaching in the HS/AAU ranks, as Wiseman's connection to Penny's time as his HS and I believe AAU coach has made them a player in his recruitment. A program hiring a coach with that background who coaches 1 or more studs on the HS or AAU scene might become more a thing to use that built-in relationship to do a quick turnaround at their school.

8. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $199
    Ewing needs a little more time than 1 season to be judged. Mullen needs to make the NCAA this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    An actual halftime score:
    Rutgers 31
    Eastern Michigan 4

Four points! They are shooting 2/25 (8%) from the field! That is amazing.

cornette33 likes this.
  10. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $545
    Yeah, but at least they're doing it against a basketball blueblood. Oh wait . . . never mind.

upload_2018-11-19_21-30-12.png

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    LaVall would remember that one!

12. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $126
    Watching IU and UT Arlington. IU has 13 turnovers in the 1st half. Also, Ohio State is down by 3 against Samford at the half
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    UTA went small to protect the perimeter and had no answer for Juwan Morgan. If Brunk/Fowler can neutralize Morgan in that situation, it should be a competitive game. IU has a lot of freshman who run & play fast. Sometimes it works, other times they're just young & sloppy.

14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,270
    Gonzaga gave Duke all they could handle in Maui.

15. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    And then some...
    Zags won by 2

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    Do not care for either program, but it is always good to see Rat Face (Coach K) get beat. He did invent and refine the game you know!

jeff likes this.
  17. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Anyone watching this Texas/UNC game? This Texas squad looks really solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    I only watched a few minutes of it, but I couldn't believe how far along Jaxson Hayes is, already. I remember thinking he was extremely raw when LaVall jumped in first to recruit him. That recruiting miss really stings now. LaVall had a great early eye on this one! If he had more of a tenure with BU, the recruiting result may have been different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    I think the important thing to note here is that Coach Jordan and the staff really do a good job of projecting talent. Kopp, Burton, Udeze, Hayes all are playing significant roles in their freshmen years, and none of them other than I guess Kopp (and eventually Hayes) were highly ranked recruits when Butler initially went after them. While we haven't seen anything yet from Golden or Hastings, it does make me feel like they'll be able to play well at this level.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    I listened to the IU UC-Davis game tonight while we were finishing up working in the yard. They were getting blown out in the first half until Juwan Morgan brought them back. BU needs an answer for him that I don't know if we have right now. He can rebound, post up and shoot the 3. Don't know the final score but they trailed for at least 75% of the game.