Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    I would say that he might have some trouble staying in front of a driving/cutting McDermott and absolutely cannot defend Brunk in the post if they don’t play with a 5. I am trying to get him in foul trouble, because he is their cog offensively that allows their other players freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,052
    I really expected to see Sean driving more this year. Our offense (quotes optional, at this point) requires our guys to create some advantage off the bounce to generate ball movement as well as shots. Haven't seen much willingness on his part to do so, however, this year.

Also, and this won't be popular, Brunk hasn't shown me that he can score inside against higher caliber athletes, yet. He has shown marked improvement and reason for optimism, just not a reliable Big East inside scoring presence, yet, imo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,442
    I think you are right. Agree that Brunk has shown great progress but announcing him as our all Big East answer, is still premature.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,487
    I too wish McD would drive and cut more. That back door cut and pass from Fowler was textbook the last game but only time I have seen it. I would also like to see McD take 10-15 shots a game.

Brunk is playing well but still isn’t where he needs to be. Wish he had a hook shot and ability to fake and lean into the defender. These to me are on the coaching staffs beginning in high school and continue with current coaching. Fowler has a decent hook shot but doesn’t use it either nor does he fake one way and go the other way.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,487
    I spit out my lunch watching the Nova game when ESPN promoted Tuesday’s game as a Blockbuster between “ two blue bloods” Duke and Indiana.

bumba likes this.
  6. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $247
    That game is going to be hilarious. Duke wants revenge from the Zag game

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,487
    Watching Louisville/Michigan State game MSU has 32 defensive rebounds to Louisville’s 2 offensive rebounds. Text book fundamental blocking out that few teams do. Such a pleasure to watch

znelson15 likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,487
    Love the Duke-IU game particularly after hearing Dan Dakich say what a great game it was going to be. Half time 53-29

9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $678
    Goins for MSU had 17 rebounds.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  10. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $747
    No coach is better at teaching rebounding than Izzo
    He is easily one of my fav coaches

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,702
    Awesome. Except for the meltdown at the end. WTF, State?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,487
    Winston fouling out hurt big time. Louisville played good D for the most part .

13. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    I'll give my input.

MSU's Senior shooting guard/backup point guard was injured and didnt make the trip so when Winston fouled out they had to go to 5'9 freshman point guard Loyer who played scared in that hostile Louisville environment.
    MSU is great at rebounding but they had about 0 fast break points which is normally 1/3 of MSU points. Maybe Mack just focused more on getting back on Defense than offensive rebounding.
    Good game. Another learning game for Sparty. Getting Mack helped Louisville not skip a beat.

Louisville's number 4 is a great defender and they shot the ball very well last night. They will be solid this year but I can see IU beating them at home in a few weeks.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Don't know about that, IU's youth has glared as a weakness in the last week. I think there could be some deer-in-headlight moments for them in conference too.

15. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    I’d fully expect IU to beat them at home. Indiana got blown out last night, but that is at Duke with Freshman and Sophmores playing heavy minutes and a number of main rotation guys coming off injury. Give them a couple weeks and I’d expect a totally different team than how they’ve played recently.

bumba likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    It will be interesting to watch. I think they go as far as Juwan Morgan takes them. The tall grad transfer from St. Mary's can definitely knock down 3's too.

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,702

Dilemma...root for Chris Mack or IU?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

18. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $532
    And 'Cuse does in "Boltman"

bumba and bmradio99 like this.
  19. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $678
    That’s a tough one...

20. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $532
    Wished "Boltman" had offered Nwora not saying BU could have signed him out of the 40 offers - would have liked too see the chemistry he had developed playing in prep and AAU with David and Tucker. I don't remember BU having prior teammates since hitting the power conferences.