Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,565
    This quote from Valpos head coach caught my attention this morning Screenshot_20181129-075034_NWI%20Times~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $1,078
    Eh - it's not like LaVall patented that phrase - sure other coaches use cliched references like that all the time.

3. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $376
    You might be right, but they do have pieces around Morgan that are high quality. Romeo for one. IU buddy of mine said they are currently in the 300's (really bad) in minute continuity on Kenpom which is a product of 1) injuries and 2) Juwan Morgan foul trouble. As they get healthy, their team will look totally different. Will be interesting to watch.

bumba likes this.
  4. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,495
    I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 on Bobby Knight last night. VERY interesting. IMO whether you like or hate IU, it is a "must watch" for any basketball fan. There was so much more going on in terms of the investigative reporting, than I was aware of.

5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,131
    Dayton just played Mississippi St pretty tough. It was tied with 2:30 left before MSU pulled away. In addition to beating us, they’ve hung tough against some really good competition this year.

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,131
    Also, Radford just knocked of Texas. They now have wins @Texas and @Notre Dame.

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,649
  8. Tucker Jordan (PSU Echo)

Tucker Jordan (PSU Echo) Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,923
    Yep...went in last year.

9. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Member

Money:
    $1,761
    Seton Hall trying to stick it to Chris Mack. That might help their non con schedule though prob only means more disappointment when Willard botches things later in season

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Member

Money:
    $1,761
    Totally posted this in the wrong thread

11. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $369
    IU barely scraped by a Northwestern team picked 12th in the Big 10 preseason, at home today. Iowa was picked 11th, exactly why all preseason rankings are meaningless and I get all conference games are tough, BUT, feeling more confident (still not overly confident) about the crossroads match up. It should be a winnable game if some things go our way.

MSUDawg likes this.
  12. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $376
    This game will come down to which version of IU we get. Lately they have been pretty mediocre beating bad teams late, losing to Arkansas (not a bad loss on the road) and barely beating Northwestern, but before that they smoked Marquette which looks like a better win as things go on. It might be a good thing that we catch them earlier in the year and recently off some injuries. The concensus seems to be that they will be top 25 (Dakich seems to think top 10) later in the year.

bumba likes this.
  13. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,788
    You obviously don't understand basketball, Dakich labeled Saturday's IU game a "big win" multiple times on his show yesterday.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,441
    I really dislike Dakich (nice call on Brohm), and outside of Xavier no program drives me as nuts as IU, but beating a team that is top-50 in the metrics when you're not playing well is a big win.

DawgPoundMac and bumba like this.
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,135
    They’re for sure top ten talent. No team in the country that I can think of is doing less with more. Every single one of those guys can really ball. I can’t figure out how they’re not better.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,920
    Agree, I go back to the IU-UC Davis game I listened to a couple of weeks ago (because there was no TV broadcast). Don Fisher was semi-losing his mind & kept repeating how sloppy they were. Morgan saved them in the 1st half, Romeo saved them in the 2nd.

One challenge we'll face is the environment in my opinion. The Fieldhouse tends to be very pro-IU when we play there.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,441
    And probably more pro-IU this year than any year since 2012.

bumba likes this.
  18. bumba

Money:
    $4,920
    shoeevv likes this.
  19. bumba

Money:
    $4,920
  20. bumba

Money:
    $4,920

Interesting read from several angles. Is Shaka on the hot seat at UT? I guess I didn't realize it's been almost 3 years and he barely has a .500 record there.

estar20dawg likes this.