Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    That was in women's basketball :(

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,215
    Damn. You're right. I knew Zags play St. Mary's. That's what I get for seeing a ticker while at a bar

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,215
    And I know I should delete. But I am willing to admit I am a dumba$$ from time to time

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    Speaking of...don't look now but st marys hanging in there so far. The hoops nerd in me is desperately wanting this to be a game. Other than the vitale part of course.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    Bubble just shrunk by 1 although St Mary's might have been in anyways. But bubble teams can't like that result

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    While they don’t deserve it, I would love to see Butler win the BET to see them knock out the loser of the IU/OSU game on Thursday. I know one would have a better shot of selling sno cones in hell, but that would be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

pappyball likes this.
  7. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $242
    This could be the one outcome that would change my reflection of this year to a positive one. Sneaking into the tournament for a bonus shot at making something happen, and keeping IU or OSU from getting a bid would be immensely satisfying.

8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I don’t have kids, I don’t even have a wife, but not naming my kid Fletcher Magee is a regret I’ll never recover from.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bwesson15 likes this.
  9. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    It would be a great name for a dog too. I love dogs with last names.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Don’t all pets who have a family have a last name? Like Trip Kaltenmark? Daisy Danko?

11. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $664
    Daisy Danko sounds like an exotic dancing dog.

But yeah that’s how it works at the pharmacy. Dogs get the family last name.

12. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    I should have said last names in their call names. I'm pretty sure Mike never says "Trip Kaltenmark heel", where a friend of mine had a Charlie Sprocket, and he was always called by the full name.

Vets and Pharmacies putting the last name of the family on the dog is just so they can attempt to keep straight the 16 million Wrigleys that belong to Cubs fans. Who all thought the name was an original idea.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

BUcheer and pappyball like this.
  13. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    See ya later IU...this should put to rest all the BS arguments delusional IU fans had for being a tournament team.

14. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $441
    Only someone unfamiliar with how the tournament works wouldn’t have had them in with a win over OSU. It’s not that they are some great team, it’s that with a 68 team field decent/marginal teams make it in. Ohio state, Texas, Oklahoma are all good examples of this.

15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,346
    So Purdue will be the only Indiana team in the tournament. That's a little crazy.

How long has it been since only one of the state's nine Division I programs went dancing?

ButlerNut likes this.
  16. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,007
    Pretty sure the 2014 tournament had ZERO teams from the state of Indiana in it.

ButlerNut likes this.
  17. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,346
    So it's a good year after all?

You are right, though. I should have looked before asking. It still seems crazy to me.

I mean I get that programs go through cycles, but for almost all of 'em to be down at the same time, while the state is still producing more than its fair share of DI recruits, is surprising.

18. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,007
    -Purdue had a young team that year...had some down years in between when Hummel left and when the most recent crop (Edwards, Mathias, Thompson, Haas, etc...) developed.
    -IU lost Zeller, Dipo, Watford, and Hulls from the previous year's team and Noah Vonleh wasn't the savior they all expected.
    -Butler didn't have Rosie all year due to the wrist injury...I think they get an at-large if he plays that year.
    -Notre Dame just flat out disappointed...some of the guys that burned us in the tournament the next season like Demetrius Jackson and Zach Auguste were young, but they had Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton, so they should have done better than they did.

NCJon likes this.
  19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,994
    Talent wise IU is a top 15ish team, but wildly inconsistent. I put that on Miller.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,994
    WestLoopDog, Dewars12, #60 and 3 others like this.