Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    I'm starting to wonder if even his wins at USI were legit.

2. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    Long time ago now...but I doubt it.

3. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $556
    Definitely not a coincidence. Where there is smoke, there is fire. But he is a slippery one, somehow All that has transpired has taken place without his "knowledge." I think any AD knows what they are getting when they hire him. He is very entertaining, he will produce wins, but running a clean program is not necessarily a priority.

4. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $94
    I'm watching George Washington / Navy, and trying to determine who our next transfer from GW might be. They've got 3 good sophomores. The future looks bright for us :)

5. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,484
    I think the Butler / Kansas State game might be the first one to 25 wins. Nigel Pack getting some run early.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,245
    Sucks that Kansas state lost. It currently is a dangerous quad 3 game with not much chance it turns to quad 2. Kenpom for KSU is 127 after the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  7. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,635
  8. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    Shrewsberry making an impact on Purdue's recruiting. Can't see him being there long.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,834
    I love LaVall Jordan, but it wouldn't have hurt my feelings if Collier had chosen to go the Micah Shrewsberry route at the time. I'd imagine he still has him at the top of the list. Hell, any mid-to-lower tier major conference team should have him at the top of the list. He could do something special at a place like DePaul.

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
    That was a mighty fine collapse by the Boilers tonight. Wow.

11. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
    Has Paint lost this team?!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
    The boilers led the whole time until literally like a minute left and were up at least 15 in the first half. They have a huge center who can't stay out of foul trouble. If anybody remembers Brandon Newman who we recruited a couple of years ago, he looked good in the first half.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
    Notre Dame giving Bolt & the Buckeyes all they can handle. CJ Walker looks good. Kyle Young doesn't.

I know it's only one game but Young doesn't seem nearly as athletic as I assumed he was in high school. Sags out of position on defense and slow to go to the goal to rebound. He's still a big kid who will get plenty of playing time but I think Nze fits our scheme much better.

butlerguy03, BoyGeoff and znelson15 like this.
  14. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,834
    It's amazing how those misses become wins sometimes.

2xDawg and ChiDawg3 like this.
  15. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,478
    Arizona announced a self imposed postseason ban for one year. Pretty weak with no one even knowing if there will be a postseason this year.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Quite lame. IF no postseason, it should extend to the next one.

dippper61 likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Butler should self impose a ban. Acknowledge that they’ve done nothing wrong, but just say it’s out of an abundance of caution.

Can’t get kicked out of the party if you don’t show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Almost as bad as LSU doing it in football while having a 3-5 record.

Tentozen likes this.
  19. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,848
    I watched Iowa vs. Northwestern last night. It was thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining. Man, Iowa has some great shooters and Garza is pretty impressive--big, strong, smart, and agile, although not particularly fast. I was also impressed by Pete Nance on NW. He was fun to watch and could score at all 3 levels. I found it interesting that both teams seemed to like taking mid-range jumpers (and knocked them down), which is contrary to the trend in basketball these days. My observations on Miller Kopp (s0meone Butler recruited heavily): he is a very good shooter, but he is not as solid on defense as Nze or Golden. Would he have been a good addition if Butler had landed him? Yes, absolutely. Is he superior to what we have overall in Nze and Golden? I don't think so -- but he certainly would have given us a big who could stretch the floor.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    I admittedly don’t watch much of any Northwestern basketball, but isn’t Kopp more of a 3 than 4/5?