Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    That’s what I thought; even more of a 2/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    I think Jared tweeted about this once but postseason bans should only apply to years where you'd actually qualify. So if you have a five-year ban starting in 2010, and you only qualified for the Dance in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2018 then those are the years it should apply. It shouldn't count in those years you didn't make it anyway.

BUcheer likes this.
  3. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,848
    Hey, you may be right about Kopp being more of a 3 or 3/4. I wasn't watching the game that closely. Thanks for the info. Regardless, he is a very good shooter and a meh defender.

4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    Yes, he is playing the 2/3 for Northwestern, he's like 6'4/ 6'5. He's a very, very smart and overall good player for NW, he does a little bit of everything for them

5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
  6. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
    Indy will be the site for the entire NCAA Tournament: Hinkle one of the venues....

[​IMG]

Matt Norlander
    @MattNorlander
    · 15m
    Breaking, sources tell CBS Sports the NCAA Tournament will use these venues to host the 2021 men’s tournament: Bankers Life Fieldhouse Hinkle Fieldhouse Indiana Farmers Coliseum Mackey Arena Assembly Hall Lucas Oil (two courts) Only one game at Lucas Oil at a time.

ButlerProf, 2xDawg and DawgPoundMac like this.
  7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    Drake, Belmont, & Winthrop are a combined 44-1 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerNut likes this.
  8. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    And probably still wouldn't be awarded an at-large bid by the selection committee.

BoyGeoff and ButlerNut like this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    They'd rather put 5-8 Notre Dame in instead

troggy likes this.
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Belmont is a fire bet. Been riding them all season and they hit. Mostly.

troggy and BoyGeoff like this.
  11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    Don't look now, but the young guys at Purdue are turning heads and already delivering big time. A couple of them are red shirts from last year, so a little more development time to be ahead of the curve, but the point is I hope we can be seeing these same things and feeling the same way this time next year!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,961
    The Sycamores of Indiana State have now won 7 in a row with a road win over Northern Iowa last night. Cooper Neese has been a solid starter, averaging 11.3 points and 41.7% from 3. They have shot up to 3rd in the MVC. Unfortunately, 3rd is their ceiling as Loyola and Drake are dominating the league and most probably both going to the dance. ISU is certainly going to the NIT if it’s played.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff, Shimmy, NCJon and 1 other person like this.
  13. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    We need our normal world back.

15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,602
    Bacot and Sharpe are idiots for doing that. They're going to get brought up on honor court charges for breaking the university's Covid-19 community standards.

Miami hasn't had any Covid positives yet, but is still down to seven players between injuries and transfers. I gotta imagine extra caution comes into play when you're already short-handed.

2xDawg and Tentozen like this.
  16. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,635
    Just was looking at the standings for the various conferences and noticed that the Horizon League picked up two more teams this season and is now at 12 teams. They added Purdue Fort Wayne from the Summit League and Robert Morris from the Northeast Conference. Since Butler left for the A10, the Horizon also has lost Valpo and Loyola Chicago to the MVC, but has added Northern Kentucky from the Atlantic Sun Conference and Oakland and IUPUI from the Summit League. Our old foes Wright State and Cleveland State are tied for the conference lead with 15-3 records.

Somehow the Horizon seems to have survived COVID better than the Big East. Every team there has played at least 13 conference games and six have played 18 conference games. Meanwhile, in the Big East, X has played only 7 conference games and Nova and DePaul only 10.

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    While it been rough for BU this year, every time I see a Horizon Game of the Week broadcast on Friday nights I thank our lucky stars to be in the BE.

18. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $905
    Has anyone watched Indiana Wesleyan this year? They’ve been rated top 5 in NAIA for years with a couple of titles to boot. They have a player, Kyle Mangas, who’s scored over 3,000 points. He shoots over 40% from 3 and 60% from 2. He also goes for 7 and 5 rebounds and assists. I saw him play in HS and thought he was mid-major good. Anyway, a Buddy who I used to scout with and still works in the show, told me today that some teams think he’s a ten year pro. My guy said think a poor man’s Steve Nash. Just curious, I haven’t seen him in four years.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  19. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,635
    I was wondering how smaller schools would do with COVID if high major D1 programs with much bigger budgets for testing, etc. were struggling. It turns out some of the smaller schools are doing just fine, thank you. Indiana Wesleyan has played 29 games (they're 28-1) before heading into the Crossroads League tournament and the NAIA tournament.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    I actually mentioned to someone a couple weeks ago that he would be our best player if he was on our roster this year.

Wesleyan pulled him and Grant Smith (both Indiana All-Stars) in the same class. Both of them could have been very good mid-major players (or higher), but for some reason were overlooked during the recruiting process.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021