Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    Where did he go to high school?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $905
    Warsaw

3. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    Thanks, I knew the name was familiar.

4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    He interned in a position very closely aligned with my wife; she says he’s the real deal. He’ll be successful in whatever he chooses beyond hoops.

5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    A few days ago, I mentioned Grant Smith in the conversation about Mangas. He just made the #1 play on SportsCenter's Top 10 yesterday.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    #60 and ButlerNut like this.
  6. Bernie44

Bernie44 Active Member

Money:
    $207
    Wow! What an athletic shot!!

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    SEC tournament to allow 3400 fans per session/game. Good for them.

WAJC77 and tobystorrs like this.
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Big Ten to allow 8000 fans at the tournament next week. Good on them. What is Bankers Life, about 20kish? Bravo, big ten.

iluvsnow likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    Big Ten Tourney is at Lucas Oil, but yes, cool that there will be fans. Makes the 8000 number make much more sense.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Really? Hasn't it been at Bankers when Indy has hosted it in the past? Or am I having a senior moment?

UDDawg likes this.
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    Yes it has, but blame Covid I guess. Maybe they're doing it to do a test run for the NCAA Tournament games Lucas Oil is hosting prior to the final four.

troggy and willisbrown like this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    Basketball in football stadiums is lame

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    I get the revenue argument, but yes, totally agree. It takes away from the intimacy of a college gym or even NBA gym. Plus the shooting sometimes is just awful with the dimensions. Also, and maybe it's just me, the sightlines are kinda crummy in person and the camera angle on TV leaves much to be desired.

14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    Question. Why do you applaud any time there is an announcement that fans are allowed at an event?

15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    I will say, though, that if it had to be in any football stadium I'm glad it's Lucas Oil. I believe they truly had basketball in the back of their minds when designing the building. For a cavernous football stadium, the sightlines actually don't feel that bad in person. I was way up high in both 2010 and 2015 and did not feel that slighted. Houston, however, was a joke.

BUcheer and jal8908 like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Because I'm happy to see things opening up and presenting fans the opportunity (if they feel comfortable) to attend big time events. We've just experienced a year where things were canceled that we love and fans couldn't attend many events. We are starting to see these grips loosening and there will be fans at most major events this year which there should be and that's great. March is arguably the best sports time of the year. I'm glad people will be able to enjoy it and the players will have family and fans there to cheer them on.

I'm also thrilled about some universities moving towards full go in person classes. And discussing 100% capacity come the fall at events.

PharmDDawg and iluvsnow like this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    Don’t you think that half assing preventative measures has perpetuated these things being taken away from us? Idk if it has or hasn’t, but I’m not claiming it’s good or bad. But before judging something as positive or negative, don’t you think it’s important to know if permitting some things doesn’t actually cause more to be taken away?

NCJon and 2xDawg like this.
  18. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    The NCAA moving to Indianapolis had a lot to do with building Lucas Oil and I remember that being part of the agreement - maybe I'm wrong. The other reason was this guy named Meyton Panning or something.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Me thinks you're right on that...I want to say way back when the agreement was made that part of it included Indy being a host site for final fours every 4 or 5 years? And in that was the upgrading from RCA to Lucas Oil for better fan experience.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    On the flipside of that though...don't we all think that the powers that be running leagues, associations, teams, arenas etc know a hell of a lot more now than we did a year ago when panic ensued and everything was canceled? The unknown drives fear and fear drives many decisions...I think with the sampling of some things along the way (small crowds and college and pro football games, 10-15% attendance at basketball games some places) along with the insanely great work of people all over the country medically/scientifically has allowed for these measures now being put in place with greater confidence and knowing MUCH more now the measures to be taken to keep the events both enjoyable and safe. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if decisions like this with the big ten or the ncaa tourney or the sec etc. are being made, I trust that these decisions were not made just for grins and to tell corona to F off, that it's being done the right way and I'm glad to see the progress.

ButlerProf likes this.