Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,163
    A picture is worth 1000 words. That picture about summarized LaSalle hoops.

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    They have the single least impressive division one facilities I’ve ever seen in person. Most high schools that I have been to are fairly substantially better.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,207
    When I first moved south after having grown up in Indiana, I lived in Wilmington, N.C. and went to a game at UNCW, which at the time was one of the better teams in the CAA and coached by Jerry Wainright. I was thoroughly confused walking into a college gym it being about the size and character of a non-descript Indiana high school gym. That was my first experience with basketball outside the Midwest.

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,599
    I drove up to Valpo to watch the dogs play during the ‘09-‘10 season. Their gym reminded me of a HS gym.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $8,795
    The thing that was so bad about the la salle gym is that the floor was incredibly slippery. It felt like a middle school gym surface.

6. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $533
    Ah ha. And how is it that you know about the slippery floor

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $8,795
    Because I could feel it under my shoes?

2xDawg likes this.
  8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,736

Wonder who we'll replace w/ the Crossroads Classic opponent? For LaVall's sake, he needs another directional school next season

dippper61 likes this.
  9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,207
    I'd love to get a game with Notre Dame, ideally a home-and-home but at least a neutral site game, after so many years of being on the opposite side of the Crossroads from them.

I've never thought scheduling was an issue in the LaVall era. I think he's been striking the right balance in the nonconference season. The problems are elsewhere.

Irishdawg likes this.
  10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,601
    I mean a lot of the scheduling is made up for him, so short of pulling a Patrick Ewing, it would be hard to screw that up. Other than the Thanksgiving tournaments, I think the only scheduling "win" was a home and home with Florida thus far in his tenure.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,742
    ND would be great but after BU owned them for a period of time they wouldn’t schedule us. Hopefully that will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
  13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    UIC headed to the MVC...not a bad move for them and maybe it can awaken their program. I remember when I was in school (the first couple years) they (and Detroit) were pretty damn good and a thorn in our side.

BURph92 and ButlerProf like this.
  15. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,526
    Yes, it’s hard to believe now but back in 1998 the Horizon League sent 3 teams to the NCAA tournament. Butler beat UW-Green Bay in conference tournament championship game to earn the automatic bid. Both Detroit & Illinois-Chicago received at-large bids despite not making it to the championship game in the conference tourney.

NCJon and ButlerProf like this.
  16. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $716
    With Loyola leaving The Valley the wanted a presence in Chicago!!!