Non-Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,773
    More trouble at IU

AZRPh likes this.
  2. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,086
    Rick Patino is politicking hard for Iona to join the A10. I know it would never happen but I wish he would request to come to the Big East. Another big name coach and program that wouldn’t be a huge threat.

3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,254
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,668

IU guys used to do drugs in the 80's. Now it sounds like they do it at any temperature.

BulldogsFTW and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  5. Albick

Money:
    $3,254
    Didn't see this coming.

This ought to shake up the MAC.

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,557
    Ask how the Patrick Baldwin case study went? For one thing though, he will be the man there and can jack up 30+ shots a game now

7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,877
    This will be interesting. Likely considered a complete failure if they don’t make the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. Albick

Money:
    $3,254
    [/QUOTE]

Imagine how much baggage a player must bring to be a top 10 recruit and, a year later, have "not a lot of interest from any high-major programs."

Staxawax and seadawg like this.
  9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,385
    Assuming he’s still academically eligible 2nd semester.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15, pjohnsto2003 and seadawg like this.
  10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,557
    WTF is going on??? Bags of money everywhere, USC & UCLA set to join the BIG 10?????? IF that's the case let's go grab Gonzaga now!

UDDawg and NCJon like this.
  11. fchd

fchd Active Member

Money:
    $189
    Torvik's pre-season rankings have Eastern Michigan at No. 263, and 8th of 12 in the MAC.

These numbers should of course rise with Bates, but it's going to be a long journey to the NCAA Tournament from there.

12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,385
  13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,671
    Yeah, the Big East needs to go get Gonzaga now. Like yesterday. Add St. Mary's too if you really need a travel partner.

14. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
  15. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
  16. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,308
    Time for the Big East to be bold and wrap up the college basketball centric conference once and for all. Grab Gonzaga and Dayton.

West Division: Gonzaga, Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Butler, X and Dayton. In the East....UCONN, SJU, Villanova, Providence, Seton Hall and Georgetown. Uneven....but make it work. Crossover games with home and home in division....and alternate years of one each with the other members. Others to consider would be St Louis, Wichita State, ?

znelson15 likes this.
  17. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $454
    Selfishly as a fan not big on expansion because love round robin schedule but if are going to expand would be stupid to add A10 schools or Wicheta at this point cause they are not bringing any additional money in. The play for Big East should be to wait for additional P5 realignment and see if Big 10/SEC keep poaching P5 schools to form two super leagues. If they do in this likely scenario you might have a chance at convincing leftover P5 schools from Big 12/ACC like a Syracuse or Kansas to pull a UConn and go independent in football and join conference in all other sports.

firedupkaren likes this.
  18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,796
    If you guys want the Big East to go Bold, then go Bold, see if Kansas really cares about football.

19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,134
  20. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,404
    I feel like we're going to eventually end up with football superconferences which, TBH, is fine by me for that sport, but it's going to ruin all the other sports on the road to get there.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022