Opponent Results 14-15 Thread

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Irishdawg, Nov 2, 2014.

1. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,677
    What a comedy of errors. I want Crean in Bloomington for as long as possible... sucks having to root for IU this year.

2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    [​IMG]

Eastern Washington? From the Big Sky Conference?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The look on some of those IU fans in Assembly Hall was priceless. Have to think this comedy show ends in March. All good things....must come to an end. :)

I hope we can lay the wood to them by like 25 in Dec. They are so thin in the Post it is unbelievable. They literally got beat by 2 and a half players tonite.

4. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    LOL at Indiana. Marquette also had another garbage performance (barely getting by weak NJIT)

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
    IU basketball...it's fantastic. I love Crean. I want him there forever.

I wonder who they chase when this is all over?

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,279
    Nova beating the hell out of VCU though...yo. Great for the Big East. Scary too. They seem to be in very good form.

7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,301
    Crean gets $12 mil if he's fired next year, so I'm guessing that helps with his job security.

8. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    A lot of their fans still want Brad Stevens, and still think they can get him. I had one of them tell me that Stevens has an escape clause in his Celtics contract that allows him to leave to take the IU job if it opens up. That is just delusional.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,206
    I'm sure Alford's name will come up. If that doesn't work out (he's got a crazy-ass buyout too if I'm not mistaken), I'd be afraid over here in Dayton that they'd come after Archie Miller. Especially if the Flyers have as good of a season as I expect them to.

10. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,510
    Which just goes to prove how much they live in the past down in Bloomington. They still believe that it is an elite destination. Outside of one or two decent but not great seasons, what have they done since 1987? They can't even get the best high school players in the state down there any longer. Even The Star (this past Sunday) ran a full page of IU Basketball Archives, because that rag also lives in the past along with all the other IU boosters.

If Brad Stevens wanted to return to Indiana to coach college basketball why wouldn't he want to go to the best program in the state the past 20 years or so. It sure ain't IU! (Stevens won't leave the Celts...duh) IU fans are too funny. And a little sad, too. Love to see them squirm. Let's hope we put it on them again in the Crossroads.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,040
    Wasting time thinking about Stevens coaching IU next season is like wasting time thinking about Carrot Top becoming president. Entertaining to some, but it's not going to happen.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,279
    Not going to be Alford. He hasn't accomplished enough as a coach and I believe that the powers that be don't want to go that route and dip back into the past. JMO.

But if I was IU, had those resources and the "name"...I'd throw everything I had at Shaka. He's one of the most brilliant minds and motivators in college hoops, he's given insane success to VCU, and would be a refreshing, new look for IU. He would bring a new style and excitement, and if you tell me that the top players in the state wouldn't love to play for him, I call you a liar. It would be horrible for the rest of the state, but an absolute coup for them.

I know he's turned down other big jobs before, but as much as we clown, IU is still a top coaching destination and if they sweeten the deal enough, he would take it and have that place back being a top ten program within a couple years.

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,206
    Yeah that would definitely not be good for the rest of the state.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,279
    Not to mention Shaka may have plateaued at VCU. An attractive major offer now, will be more appealing to him than it was a couple years ago.

15. Hoyahooligan

Hoyahooligan Member

Money:
    $7
    I bet Shaka and Marshall's names are the 2 that come up for the Indiana job.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,393
    I'd take Marshall over Shaka.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,443
    @SycamoresNOW: Jeff Sagarin rankings have the Butler Bulldogs ranked 19th and the Indiana State Sycamores ranked 235.

18. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Those might both be the most extreme #s of any computer ranking. Consensus is more like mid 30s and 160s. Still Butler should be a 5-6 point favorite, which is quite significant for a road team.

19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,372
    Interesting because I thought Sagarin still had Butler in the 80s before the tournament.

20. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Random observation: IU is now a distinct 4th in best Indiana team (Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame in order) and not all that far ahead of Valpo.