OT: NBA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by bumba, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    The NBA is a sham and cares only about the money and what Nike tells them.

BulldogsFTW and willisbrown like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,727
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep....F the nba, f Steve Kerr, f Adam Silver and especially f china.

3. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,384
    Like Hardin said "China gives us the most important love" $$$

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60 and Insane Dawg like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,653
    The NBA refused to play the All Star game in North Carolina over a bathroom issue but have no problem playing games in a brutal totalitarian country. Then Steve Kerr and Popovich have no problem in criticizing this country but go mute on China.

Dunhamfor3 and SRG like this.
  5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,661
    kinda bummed Morey blew this up before even getting over there... was really looking forward to a "woke" Kyrie Irving getting deported for making some Free Hong Kong protest in China

but the whole thing is typical American. Make ignorant statement on some other Country's foreign policy. Walk it a bit back but don't really apologize. And always side with the money bc everyone has a price (especially a group of 30 billionaires)

All those Chinese games sucked anyways, but watching Zion dunk on ppl:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259

Oladipo channeling his inner Paulie Jorgensen range.

NCJon and Nville Dog like this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,989
    This quote from Mark Cuban, who was completely stunned by the NBA news (and surely hates it), is why I like him:

"This is not a situation where you fake it 'til you make it or try to sound or act important...The NBA has hired people with expertise in those areas and they are working with people from the government and other people with expertise. We have to defer to them and that's exactly what we will do."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    BoyGeoff, pjohnsto2003 and NCJon like this.
  9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,679
    He also made a public commitment to make sure the Mavericks hourly employees still get paid even if they can't work.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...mavericks-employees/70ifc3ecba9i1nt11qlww57ji

He can be brash and I don't always agree with him, but he's always struck me as a good dude.

bumba, butlerguy03, BoyGeoff and 5 others like this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259
  11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,045
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,757
    Utah Jazz announce the passing of Jerry Sloan.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,653
    He was an amazing person and player in both college and NBA and excellent coach.

ButlerNut, shoeevv and estar20dawg like this.
  14. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $393
    Growing up in Northern Indiana I remember him as part of a good Bulls team. Stormin Norman VanLier (Guard), Chet Walker, Bob Love (Starting forwards) and Tom Boerwinkle/Artis Gilmore (Centers). Won’t swear to having first names right but it was early 70’s.

2xDawg likes this.