OT: Show and Movie Streaming

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Mar 17, 2020.

1. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

Deadwood is the best series that never made it past 3 seasons...still trying to figure out why???

iluvsnow and BoyGeoff like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,008
    The Kennedys is another one if you can find it. It's only 8 episodes but it's pretty good.

3. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,030
    Love me some Bunk! If you’re watching Jack Ryan on Prine you can also watch my all time fave, The Wire. Prime may also have Treme, which has Wendall Pierce & great music!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,030
    I believe there was a writers strike that interrupted stuff and then main characters got pulled into other projects. There was also some issue btwn HBO & David Milch if I remember correctly. The movie that was released last summer was great for closure. It as good as the series IMHO, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Agreed that it was amazing though

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon and MadDawg2020 like this.
  5. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $385
    My 14 year old son found this on Prime and he is totally addicted to it. It's gotta be Fiona. Great show.

pjohnsto2003 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  6. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    Or the short clips of girls walking in the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tark43 likes this.
  7. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $523
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,118
    Thinking about rewatching The Wire.
    I was just about to restart The Wire! Also my all-time favorite.

willisbrown likes this.
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,008
    The Wire when going on was very "Shieldish" but a litte different level being on premium TV vs The Shield which is on FX. It is an amazing show. That's a good idea. I may go rewind to the mid 2000s and just start there. We ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

10. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,777
    It's not available for free with any platform, but if you can watch Sports Night, you will be hooked. Show should have ran for 44 seasons, instead of 3. Aaron Sorkin did a great job.

11. Overland Bark

Overland Bark Member

Money:
    $57
    Counterpart is on Amazon Prime is vastly underappreciated. It originally aired on Starz. JK Simmons is awesome in this, as in just about all of his roles.

jkcdawgs and bobbu64 like this.
  12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,733
    I started this new series on Netflix called Mindhunter. About the FBI in the 70s interviewing serial killers to learn how they think to solve crimes.

It’s pretty slow-moving, but it’s a pretty intriguing show if you’re willing to meet its depth and think a bit.

Only 17 total episodes, so not much of a commitment.

indienapolis and 2xDawg like this.
  13. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,202
    David Fincher was involved if that is a selling point to folks. Did Se7en, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Fight Club, Gone Girl, among others.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  14. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $834
    I only have Prime sub. I thought 1st season of Jack Ryan very good, 2nd one notsomuch.

Also among Prime's lesser known original series, I recommend ZeroZeroZero. Very good action series tracking 5Kilo drug shipment from SA to Sicely. Lots of violence and subtitles though:

Prime does comedies better than most: Fleabag and Mrs Maizel are recent Emmy and Golden Globe winners for Best Comedy Series and both hilarious. We just wrapped up Season 3 of Mrs M which dropped a month or two ago -- thought it was even better than first 2 seasons.

We'll probably start on Hunters this week. . .

15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    I finished Black Spot on NetFlix. Pretty good if you like sci-fi, supernatural, type crime solving.

16. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,023
    They cancelled the show :( one of my favorites

17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,733
    Ah, damn. Well should I watch all episodes or just move on and buy Franklin and Bash on Prime?

18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,808
    PBS has been running a series the past three Sunday evenings with I believe four episodes to go called “World on Fire.” It’s takes place during WWII. It is as good a drama as I have seen in a very long time. Might be able to see if it is streamed on the PBS website or if they are rerunning the first three episodes to catch up.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,023
    Definitely watch the first season. Season two isn’t as good, but it’s worth your time.

20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $12,733
    Ok done. I like it.

jkcdawgs likes this.